Uprated Actutor

S

smcnairn

Im lookin to buy an uprated adjustable actuator. I cant seen to find one. The only place that helped me was Turbo dynamics who said the would uprate the standard one. Has any one got any betTer suggestions or links??

J

jiw

Wow maybe i won't have to replace my actuator after all, just a softer spring for lower boost, i spoke to them 3 months ago and was told to contact norris designs as they only made the actuators exclusively for them, cheer's, jeff :wink:

GINGA

Si.. said:
you can put a -31 actuator off a cossie on.
-31 is the same as standard 7psi the -34 is the same but is rated at 14psi

Justy
depends on what the minimum boost you want to run is :?: for 1 bar minimum and over get the -34 for 0.5bar and over get the -31 and use the boost controller to get the boost you require :wink:

M

memski

smcnairn said:
Im lookin to buy an uprated adjustable actuator. I cant seen to find one. The only place that helped me was Turbo dynamics who said the would uprate the standard one. Has any one got any betTer suggestions or links??
Why do you want an uprated one, is your standard one faulty? If not then I wouldn't bother, get a bleed valve or an electronic boost controller if you want to run higher boost.

JU5TY said:
The Actuator spring rating confuses me a bit, I plan to run 1.8bar, but unsure what spring rating I would need seeing as the boost controller fools the actuator etc to run that much boost. Any thoughts?
I'd get something like a 1.4 or 1.5bar spring to allow for spikage run the boost controller to bleed the extra 0.3bar or whatever, you can then turn it off and run a sensible 1.5bar when you don't want to rag it too much :wink:

JU5TY

Thanks Mem/Ginga. :D

I’m not sure what my HKS actuator spring is rated at, I’ve emailed HKS but no joy. May just get a different spring/actuator when ive decided what rating to go for.

S

smcnairn

Yeah i think my one is faulty for a number of reasons. I want it to hold boost better as well mine used to drop off a bit after it peaked. Does the cossie one fit straight on?

S

smcnairn

That would be good but GINGA is sayin the -31 is only rated to 7psi and im running just over a bar. Looks like i would need a -34 rated at 14psi. Thanks anyway. So does anyone know if it would straight on?

GINGA

the -31/34's from a 2wd cossie will bolt straight on well it did on mine anway, make sure you get a genuine garrett one as there the best to go for :wink:

S

smcnairn

So do Forge make an equivelent one to the -34 from the 2WD cossie?? U mentioned make sure its a Garrett one?