Urgent help needed please!!

T

TomsTurbo

Was sitting in the carwash earlier and i looked down to notice the car was way over heated so it was turned off straight away! i looked around the radiator and couldnt see any leaks, then opened the top of the radiator the there was no water in it! I filled it up with water and the temp. went down again. so i kept a very tight eye on it on the short drive home and it didnt overheat at all.
But when i got home the car was running on the turbo timer for a minute and there was loads of water coming out from the back of the engin, it was running down the back drivers side of the engin as ur standing in front of the car!

Please help me figure out what the problem is! :doh:

Many thanks Tom!

stumo

it depends on what hose etc has gone. it'll be a pain in the a$$ whatever happens.

have a look at the waterpump, that's on the drivers end of the engine.

if you keep running it it will do the headgasket in so don't keep topping it up and driving it. cos one day you'll run out of water:doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When I had water running down the drivers side it was one of the oil cooler water pipes. If it's on the pulleys, check the water pump.

T

TomsTurbo

Ok ive been in under the car and it has to be the water pump!! :( will this be hard to replace? and does anyone know of a replacement part number?
Cheers Tom!

GTiR_Mic

I have a brand new one sitting in my garage mate ;)

Once you get it fitted get the head checked incase the gasket is gone.

Mic

T

TomsTurbo

cheers for all the advice guys!! will let ya konw how i get on!

T

TomsTurbo

Got a pump sorted already mate, a friend of mine has a shop for car parts which is very handy! but cheers for lettin me know!
Anyone know what size of belt that goes onto the waterpump? I could go to nissan but that involves taking time off work...
Cheers Tom