Urgent!!!! Please Help!!!

C

Coffey

Hi all I really need your help. Basically my car went into the body shop thismorning to get its arches cut out and re-done and have afew other touch ups. However I just got a phone call from them saying the place they usually get the arches from dont make them anymore as they say the car is 2 old.

So please could someone tell me where I can get some from. I need to get some ASAP so if anyone knows where I can get some please say.

Thanks Guys

Dan

antgtir

Can the normal sunny body panels not be used?

Im not a 100% sure on how the arch trims are attached but im sure its only a number of small holes through the panel, which with a sharp drill bit lol could easily be replicated.

Would have though your normal body panel supplier would have them on the shelf.

Ant.

nimhbk

if the guy is any good he should be able to make some out of sheet metal, My Mate that done mine did, and they are spotless.
£400-500 i was told by a garage, he laughed at that, and said should not be more than £200 tops all in.
so be carefull fella

gunmetalgtir

£200 all in for cutting out old arches, bending new ones into shape, welding and blending them in, then spraying it?? :roll:

John

gunmetalgtir said:
£200 all in for cutting out old arches, bending new ones into shape, welding and blending them in, then spraying it?? :roll:
Think he means £200 to fabricate new arches from scratch, not fitting and painting.

nimhbk

That what i payed fella, would post a picture if i was a fully paid member, that was for one arch thou fully done.

gunmetalgtir

nimhbk said:
That what i payed fella, would post a picture if i was a fully paid member, that was for one arch thou fully done.
You don't need to be a member to post a picture ;-)

That's a good price your mate gave you, but I can't see another garage offering that to someone tbh.

C

Coffey

Well the garage is owned by my best mates dad who I know very well and he quoted me £600 to have both the rear arches cut out and re-done all parking dings and other small dings sorted the bonnet resprayed the door hinge fixed and the tops of the doors curled over to stop wind getting through and he is undersealing the car for me :) so I got a very good price :)

He said he can make me some arches himself but wouold be better for me to try and buy some. Did all you guys get yours hand made then? or did some of you manage to buy some cause I cant seem to find any for sale anywhere?

Thanks
Dan

C

Coffey

I see afew people are saying sunny arches are the same but I cant seem to find them anywhere to buy either?

What do you all think I should do? Just ask him to try and make them from scratch?

youngsyp

Coffey said:
Does anyone know how hard the above sunny arches are to get to fit? As i may buy them and see but if its an awful fit there is no point.
If the guy is cutting and renewing to the swage line, the 5 door arches aren't what you need and they won't fit as there's a hole where the 3 doors panel would be.

As Ant and RX Jaime have said, the normal Sunny 3 door panels are identical.

Again though, as mentioned above, try PulsarBoby. It'll make things easier for the fitter.

Paul

C

Coffey

I cant find the normal sunny arches anywhere though only the 5 doors ones

vss irvine

you cant buy 3 door sunny arches, you have to buy complete rear quarters from nissan which cost over 200 each, as said above if its only a small section, then you can use the 5 door rear repair panels.
another option is to cut the shape you need from a front wing, and have it blended in.

you would use a o/s/f for the n/s/r and vice versa

vss irvine

nimhbk said:
get them hand made out of some quality metal instead of cheap sh*t you know it will last then fella
if done properly, the repair should last longer than the rest of the car.