Very nearly...

S

stomski

..bought my fourth pulsar today :roll:

was driving through aylesbury, bucks when i see one in some garage up for sale for £2890 - thought, we'll take a look. J reg, completely standard, inc original mats.

gave it the once over, then took it out to stretch its legs. after letting it warm up, gave it some boost (how ive missed that feeling) and then noticed some smoke coming thru the vents. all gauges were fine, boosting fine, no smoke from exhaust, so after taking a look in engine, could see smoke billowing from the front left handside as you look over the engine.

any ideas what that could have been. might just have been oil burning, but i walked away (only after getting him down to 2.5k) if it wasnt smoking it would be on my drive now!
:(

A

andyz

could have just been abit of overspill on the manifold? were all the rocker gaskets intact?

S

stomski

could have been a bit of oil burning away, but i didnt want to risk it. could go back for another look, everything around that looked intact, couldnt see exactly where it was coming from though :?

just seen it on trader, first page £2890.

A

andrew

possible rad leak, did it over heat :?

ur quote is so true :(
Modding cars is like renting- its money down the drain!

S

stomski

i may take another look this week, as it couldve been something minor and i do honestly miss that feeling of it taking off on boost. :twisted:

OZ-Racing

Most likely where they have changed the oil filter and not covered the exhaust pipe, therefore smothering the braided section with oil and causing it to smoke like a bitch :wink:

Take a closer look :)

Sounds like a step-up from your old car, the bonnet opens :lol: :lol:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
I wouldnt get a car from aylesbury loads of scallies live there.

Only jestin, my brother knows someone that owns his own bodyshop round there & has got a beast of an R, he takes it out once in a blue moon!

Id give it a once over - you could be onto a winner there.

Aimee