water wetter

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
There are people/tuners etc that claim this stuff works,but i retain a healthy dose of sceptisism ;-)

rossdj1983

i put a 3071 on my car, so i had a custom rad made with a wrc spec core, however im worried about it being a bit on the small side, so before i fill the system up i was gonna bang some of it in with the coolant- prevention better than cure and all that

Keira

you dont need a custom rad to fit that turbo..what you need is some imagination and about 5 minutes fooking about :lol:

rossdj1983

this is going off topic a bit, ill post up the spec and pics of my car when its finished, then we can all sit down and talk about (or criticise) what ive done to it. so does this water wetter crap work or what?

P

pulsarboby

ive got it in my car.
a lot of circuit cars use it because of the high running temps, cant say ive noticed any difference, but to be fair car hasnt been on track yet and i have fans linked to run constantly!
will give a def answer in feb when i do the trackday

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
rossdj1983 said:
they claim in temps dropping by 30 degrees f. anyone back this up?
If they are claiming 30 deg f reduction in temps they must have some data to back this up ;-)

P

pulsarboby

it works in the same sort of way as fluid gas found in a/c units, in simple terms its sticky water which clings to the coolant walls and reduces heat penetration, due to its slipperyness

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
rossdj1983 said:
i was trying to get the 'data' from here, manufactuers can be a little optimistic sometimes as we all know
And we are more scientific on here,somehow i don't think so :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
pulsarboby said:
it works in the same sort of way as fluid gas found in a/c units, in simple terms its sticky water which clings to the coolant walls and reduces heat penetration, due to its slipperyness
What?

Surely it helps the coolant move through the system taking the built up heat away :?

rossdj1983

was asking if the stuff works-quite simple. im no rocket scientist but it seems like a unscientific question to me mate

P

pulsarboby

doesnt say that on the tin lol it has the same consistency as fluid gas and is slippery, so yes in a way you are right as the water will flow better due to it nort clinging to water walls