Weird Oil Smell?

billy187

Right have noticed over the last couple of days that when im driving the r i get a weird oil smell inside the car? Could it have something to do with the turbo oil feed pipe or the sump thats got a very slight leak? Just waiting for the oil feed to arrive then will be sorting them two out. Any ideas?

olliecast

you got the intake vent pipe blocked off and using a breather on your catch tank? can cause a smelly car

billy187

olliecast said:
you got the intake vent pipe blocked off and using a breather on your catch tank? can cause a smelly car
hmm not sure, as its never been like that before, just came all of a sudden and to be honest i dont know much about all the bits :oops:

anyone near manchester that could take a look for me if i came down? or any decent garages around the area?

olliecast

if you took a pic of your engine bay you`d see straight away. mine smells now i`ve took my pipe to the intake off and vent the catch can to atmostphere. smells lovely!!

Mr GTiR

Imran187 said:
anyone near manchester that could take a look for me if i came down? or any decent garages around the area?
I work in Salford Quays and live Wigan. Drop me a text as i'm sure you have my mob no.

billy187

davey red.r said:
thought you had this oil smell for a while ?

davey
nope not had this smell before....

have had a few problems now since i had some work done by a garage in warrington, i wont mention any names!:x

il get a picture up tomorow..

thanks andy, have sent you a text

R

riske

One needs to go from the right side of the rocker to the catchtank then the other side of the catchtank pipe needs to go to atmosphere via a filter. Mine also has the intake pipe blocked off. Apperently this isnt good even tho alot of people have done it. i want to join mine back up but not sure of the pipes that need connecting on the intake side if you get me?