Well my rebuild lasted long!!!

5 months of motoring heaven after my re-build and then disater.......
Basically, cut a long story short, whilst having my car MOT'd for a second time (had a prohibition notice from VOSA about my exhaust) a had a slight coolant leak. In order to get through the emissions test they got the cat nice and hot which did the trick. What it also did was make my already leaking pipe even worse. I drove the car a way all happy with a new MOT and off to the police station to get my 'removal of prohibition notice'. On the way there I noticed the oil temp high and pulled over immediately. The turbo water feed pipe had totally gone dumping all my coolant out. I fixed it on the road side then got it home to do a proper job. All was well after and I thought I had caught it in time.

Last night, heavy acceleration along country roads and pop, there goes all my power.
Basically, i am down compression on cylinder 4, the other 3 are spot on. There is no coolant probs so I dont think the head gasket has failed between chamber and water way. Rocker cover is smoking and oil is being forced out the breather so it's most likely the piston rings or a valve.

My question is; is it possible for the head gasket to go between the cylinder and the oil way? I don't think it is given the fact that the water jacket is before the oil way....... I just don't see how a brand new ring would break?
Any thoughts?

No 4 is always prown to blowing first as its furthest away from pump.
Does the oil smell of petrol, could have done a ringland, melted a piston, anything mate. Not know till you rip the head off it buddy :p