were does plug into?

whytie

Was fecking about with car the day, everything was fine but now
its not starting after my foot caught on some wires. This is hanging down and im sure it was'nt before. I cant seem to see were it plugs into.

Trip

THe plug is not clear in the pic. I suggest you take a pic using the close-up function(it has a symbol of a flower) and a steady hand.

whytie

It's not a turbo timer mayby my alarm. The car starts then dies straight away and I'm sure everything else is ok. I'll just have to whip the dash of and see what I can find.

whytie

Right checked were its coming from and its my alarm/immobiliser, ive checked everywere and cant seem to find were it plugs into. You would think it would be simple as it not that big a wire and thier is only a small area it can go in to.......ahhh

P

pulsarboby

if you remove the lower cowling that covers your clutch pedal etc then you should see a black box with various wires coming out that are taped up chances are that it plugs into there, thats normally an aftermarket alarm immobilizer box

whytie

The box is behind the clocks, i found a picture i took the day before and it shows it goes behind the fuses. Ive checked everywere and cant see it need to get away from it before i torch the thing lol.

P

pulsarboby

need to get away from it before i torch the thing lol.

harsh, dont forget petrols not cheap so i would consider your options with igniting material you use:lol::lol:

whytie

Its took me 4 days to get car going, after taking my dash out and going through all the wires a still could not see were that gay plug went. Now i realise the plug does nothing, the problem was with some choped wires above the rear seats coming from the fuel pump. I must of stood on them when mucking about with the cage.

whytie

It was that felt a bit of a dick when i noticed the prob, but fixed for now so no worries

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry, but I have to do it (mainly because stu has already played the "D'Oh" card)...