what am i doing wrong

S

shinny

hi my r has just come back from engine builders with nothink but problems.the firm that says its built loads of these engines are full of shite (Q.E.S ripley) they have upgrated my pistons 400bhp these can take(so im told) i went out and bought a t28 super hybid 370 bhp. it used to tick over high but have sorted that one. the problem i have is it gos well in first but has damp spots in the rest of the gears is it my gearbox is on its way? can you help? this car should be way quicker than it is now what am i missin :noidea:

ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!!!!!!!!

O

Odin

The gearbox wont effect how fast it goes, If it's broken it wont go at all lol.

Oh and standard pistons can take 400 bhp, Maybe they fitted those special hardened Nissan pistons disco gob used to have in his old car :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As for the running problems its just a matter of going through everything and making sure its working/set up correctly ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

making sure its working/set up correctly ;-) <quote

get it mapped, cant blame the bloke who built the engine!

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:

Typical :shock: :doh: , All you oily rags stick together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

youngsyp

When you say "damp spots", do you mean the clutch is slipping ? Or do you mean it's miss firing/hesitating ?
When you had the engine rebuilt, what exactly did they do ? What has been changed/renewed ?

P

pulsarboby

tis true though rob! if hes running 370bhp on a hybrid tubby, and engines just been built but not mapped atall, then its gonna run like a bucket of pooh, engine is probably still a little tight after rebuild aswell.
i would get some miles under it at STANDARD boost, then take it in and get it setup properly.
cant go tearing lumps out the poor booger who built it, unless you know for sure that hes cocked up!

S

shinny

youngsyp said:
When you say "damp spots", do you mean the clutch is slipping ? Or do you mean it's miss firing/hesitating ?
When you had the engine rebuilt, what exactly did they do ? What has been changed/renewed ?
no it boosts but when the exhaust reaches a deep tone thats it your lot no more power abit like when your drivin a ax up a steep hill

S

shinny

pulsarboby said:
tis true though rob! if hes running 370bhp on a hybrid tubby, and engines just been built but not mapped atall, then its gonna run like a bucket of pooh, engine is probably still a little tight after rebuild aswell.
i would get some miles under it at STANDARD boost, then take it in and get it setup properly.
cant go tearing lumps out the poor booger who built it, unless you know for sure that hes cocked up!
i'm taking in what you sed ive done 500 miles on standard boost which is drivin me mental. i wouldn't normaly take the **** out of anyone but when i took my rocker off to do my tappits which the garge didn't do there was a hole lot of silecone around it BOGGIE

S

shinny

pulsarboby said:
making sure its working/set up correctly ;-) <quote

yeh but you can all my vaccum hoses were on wrong its been back there that many times for bits and bobs. any idear on how many miles before i can get it mapped? ive done 500

S

shinny

Odin said:
The gearbox wont effect how fast it goes, If it's broken it wont go at all lol.

Oh and standard pistons can take 400 bhp, Maybe they fitted those special hardened Nissan pistons disco gob used to have in his old car :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As for the running problems its just a matter of going through everything and making sure its working/set up correctly ;-) .

Rob
the reason im in this shite is cause i wound out my boost and melted my pisston doh! oh i don't do things by halfs

EVOBAD

it sounds to me that the garage your using are a bunch ofcowboys ,u want to find the indians as they will probly do a better job:thumbsup:

S

shinny

TIS TRUE THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEM TOO. theres alot more to it my car got broken in to on there grounds.all in all it took a year to get my car back and still not right. they nocked £300 off the bill for my sterio and sort of replaced the broken interior BUT there was no damage to the doors which i thought was odd so it must have been left open! to top it all off the owner dyed from a heart attack which to my surprise was true and not a blagg

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
shinny said:
no it boosts but when the exhaust reaches a deep tone thats it your lot no more power abit like when your drivin a ax up a steep hill
Serious exhaust manifold failure? Air goes out the gap, makes a big boom noise and turbo stops spinning? Just a suggestion.

I prefer EVO's answer, go look for some Indians.