what bar ?

J

jonnyboy

with forged pistons, bigger turbo, injecter's e.t.c wht would be a safe boost to run ................... 1.2...... 1.4 .........................or more :shock:

E

Edd

2.2 :lol:

whats the exact spec, and who built it said what you could run

i would have thought if you had standard rods, but pistons,and some balancing work 1.6 would see you no problems :wink:

P

purplemonster

it would also depend on what turbo you are running ? and air temprature
1.6 bar with a standrd turbo might be 375bhp? but with a bigger turbo then 375bhp could but hit at say 1.1 bar ?

so the boost figure is allot less important ,but the power out put is the same

ROB

E

Edd

i noticed he has a rather large greddy turbo i think

my new one got 430bhp @ 1.3bar :D

am fitting a larger turbo and running 1.5 bar, so hope to get about 431 :wink:

P

purplemonster

i dont think he will be running 1.6bar then,not if the turbo is that good

im aiming for a hybrid t4 with a stupidly big comprssor spec

rob

E

Edd

you wont gaint that much more power running 1.6 over 1.3 only 50bhpish
so mayaswell run 1.6 :wink:

J

jonnyboy

Edd said:

i would have thought if you had standard rods, but pistons,and some balancing work 1.6 would see you no problems :wink:
would have loved to have gone the 2.2 route, but hey like what i have it's the most power so far :wink: that i have experienced :twisted:

i have forged piston's

metal head gasket

steel rod's

greddy t67 tubby

hks 264 cam's

front mount

motec m48 pro ecu

just have to run it in a bit more then take it back for finale set up, im running about 0.9 bar at the moment with about 330 bhp!

skiddusmarkus

I'd go for 1.5bar on that setup with a bit more on high boost setting.No launches though if you're on standard box :shock: .

E

Edd

I meant 2.2 bar mate :wink:

with steel rods and motec 1.6 bar all day long mate if not 1.8 :twisted: :twisted:

P

purplemonster

LOL
as i was saying your getting 330bhp on .9bar. rather than 330bhp on 1.4 bar on a standard turbo ?

so the answer to you question is next to impossible to answer ?

i think it depends now on ,how well it is tuned and how effiecient injectors work ,and you intercooler etc for every .1bar you getting a big jump in power due to the volume of air being forced in the engine ,

how much balls you got mate to turn the boost up

ROBERT

J

jonnyboy

Edd said:
I meant 2.2 bar mate :wink:

with steel rods and motec 1.6 bar all day long mate if not 1.8 :twisted: :twisted:
:oops: DOH!! would still have liked the 2.2 stroker like some on here :wink:
good luck with the motor edd look's like a good'un 8)

and yes i have a standard box :( run out of money for now but saving for hopefully a quafe :) ........ so know launches :(

E

Edd

cheers, the car goes in tomorrow to have turbo kit built up and os giken fitted :D 8)
I think Ian will only let me run 1.5 bar :oops: but we've calculated it should hit over 470 at that :oops: we'll see.....
tempted to go for 1.8/9 bar in future but would need bigger injectors.

Are you going to compete for totb and have a nice gearboxin before then :wink:

P

purplemonster

I personaly dont understand why people likes the 2.2 so much ?

thats one expensive kit,not saying its not worth it at all ,but when u can acheive 500bhp form a 2litre why go to 2.2?

ROBERT

J

jonnyboy

just that extra torque from the 2.2 is apealing, dont ya think :wink:

P

purplemonster

well i cant comment there .and torque is very important ,

cant some one tune the normal 2 litre for more torque and less power like a WRC car?

E

Edd

trust me the torque on the 2.2 low down is fooking unbelievable :shock: :shock:
It pulls from go like its on boost, even though its still spooling up, excellent.
dont think itll go well so low down with 3037 :roll:

the rally cars have SH*T loads of money and techonology, antilag etc so it is easier to get the low down torque

nismoboy

jonnyboy said:
Edd said:

would have loved to have gone the 2.2 route, but hey like what i have it's the most power so far :wink: that i have experienced :twisted:

i have forged piston's

metal head gasket

steel rod's

greddy t67 tubby

hks 264 cam's

front mount

motec m48 pro ecu

just have to run it in a bit more then take it back for finale set up, im running about 0.9 bar at the moment with about 330 bhp!
i love your turbo mate :) where did u get it from ? how much was it ? and what rpm does it make full boost?

J

jonnyboy

got the tubby through tuning japanese......

T67 TURBO KIT, MANIFOLD/W/GATE + PIPES £4265. :shock: :wink:

not sure what rpm at full boost yet, still running in on limited boost