What do I need to go to 1.2bar?

fil_gtir

Thinking about going the next stage in my car, currently been running 1bar for 4 years, and wondered what do I need to run safely.

Currently, I have:- Mongoose exhaust, HKS Air Filter, Sheepdog BOV, Oil cooler.

I am guessing I will need to uprate the fuel pump (still standard), connect some sort of electronics for boost and fuel (currently using the solenoid mod to get 1 bar). Will i need a front mount?

So for fuel pump, Walbro, which electronics would you recommend? Prob something small like the blitz items.

When I had it on the rollers a few years back, it made 278bhp and 250lbft on 1bar, what sort of figures would I be looking at at 1.2.

Cheers

Phil

N

nelly R

I'm going to 1.2 soon with e-manage, fmic, fuel pump and blitz boost controller :D . When i bought my R it ran 291bhp @1.1 bar with just a filter, bleed valve :( , and goose. I have never driven my R with more than standard boost because its abit risky without some sort of ecu upgrade.

nismoboy

U have to be careful going to 1.2 bar on the standard engine, and u must do it properly if u want it to last, the best thing to keep in mind is keep the engine cool.

For 1.2 bar u will need the following

uprated fuel pump (also rewire it aswell and make sure your getting at least 13.5 v)

Fmic- to keep your inlet temps down

boost controller- to makesure you dont overboost or get boost spikes

fuel controller- ie apexi safc or emanage.

Also if u havent done this already u`ll be needing a good clutch.

i would also reccomend fitting water injection. not gonna give u any more power but will make your engine last longer.

hope this helps.