what do you think?

Matty B

Hi eveyone. A friend of mine has decided to brake his R (not sure why cause its bloody nice) and has offered me a load of bits at a good price. With the bits and pieces i should have an R running about 350 bhp, this sounds great to me but im concerned about reliability. Is there anything i should uprate first to try and make it a safe 350. Eg- head gasket etc. Any advice would be great. Thanks, Matt.

Matty B

My spec is ; Goose exhaust with de-cat, front mount intercooler, K + N induction kit and uprated fuel pump. The bits im getting are ; 660 injectors, s/s front pipe, hard pipe from tubby to filter, apexi boost controller, apexi air and fuel controller, ecu with daughter board, some shiney bits and maybe cams and hybrid. Have to see what the bank says. I should deffo see 350 with those mods if i run it at 1.2 or even 1.3 bar of boost even on standard turbo. I should also point out that i've done my brakes because standard ones were shite.

MarkTurbo

Matty B said:
I should deffo see 350 with those mods if i run it at 1.2 or even 1.3 bar of boost even on standard turbo
:lol: :lol: :lol: You wont get 350 at that boost on a standard turbo ;-)

DanDud

MarkTurbo said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You wont get 350 at that boost on a standard turbo ;-)
Im on 330 standard turbo, injectors, ECU, at just under 1.1bar, so i dont see why not.

Matty B

anywhere around 330 bhp would be ok for me. I thought i might need to uprate my clutch, suppose i could just run it and when it goes i'll fit a better one. Is there anything else i should do to try and make it safe power, really don't want to do it all and then she blows up a week later ( apart from staying off the gas of course ).

Last edited:

antgtir

One thing i would do first or certainly budget into your package is a long mapping session with someone who actually knows how to map without melting your standard pistons.

Make sure you have good oil pressure, prob worth getting an accurate oil pressure gauge so that when the boost is turned up you can establish if the engine is being starved of oil and bound to melt.

For me the two major points are fueling and lubrication lol:lol:

If your going to stick around that kind of bhp / torque i would be tempted to stick on the T28 roller bearing turbo, nice spool up and more potential.

But who am i to say im right:lol:

Ant.

Matty B

Thanks Antgtir i'll get myself a decent oil pressure gauge rigged up and look into getting it mapped before i turn the boost up. The guy who im getting the bits off has also got a hybrid tubby so i'll probably have that too. In time i reckon i'll uprate the pistons but not just yet. Thanks pal, Matt.

One more thing, What would be a good oil pressure?

azboy

my m8 got 339.6 bhp with piggyback ecu and 1.1 bar boost with stock turbo, but u never know how acurate rolling roads are, sometimes there a liilte on the high side, on 1.2 bar mapped u should see 330 bhp, on 1 .3 bar i dout ull gain any more bhp without uprated elbow just torque as the boost will most likely drop off a little at high revs