what intercooler is this???

rams_pulsar

just wondered if anyone can tell me what make my fmic kit is?? its the same cooler as ADAM L in his pics the pipe work is same but the pipe that goes from turbo to intercooler has a properly made flange that bolts on to the standard turbo in the same way the standard top mount intercooler pipe would(like a triangle shape with three nuts). just wondered if it was a decent one as most seem as if they're just a load of ally tubing made to suit loads of different cars..

rams_pulsar

oh rite just the ones that i've seen just have a silicone hose that has to join the pipe to the compressor housing thingy....thought i had summat good, think again eh ha

KF79GTIR

The reason you see the silicone joins from the turbo housing is because alot of us are running uprated units which come with a circular outlet rather than the standard 3 bolt flange. Kev.

rams_pulsar

ok i was just wondering as i know this intercooler kit thats on my car is at least 5 years old so i figured not alot of people (ebay sellers for example) were making fmic kits at this time compared to now as there is loads of random manufacterers advertising on ebay these days and was told mine was HKS but not sure

rams_pulsar

hmmm i'll have to have a look then...the pipe that goes from the inlet to cooler is identical to the one in adam L's pics even the weld is in exactly the same place so i'd say its made by same people......HKS8)