what is this switch?

A

Anonymous

I've got a switch next to the handbrake dont know what it does?

Has anyone else got one? whats it for?

thanks

A

Anonymous

My rear fog light switch is located right of the steering wheel below the fog light switches, press the switch and a red light comes on

The switch by the handbrake doesn't seem to do anything?

But there is a black cable like tube under the seats (unconnected) has anyone else got this?

someone told me the cable was somthing to do with the airbags?

Thanks

J

jasegould

The cable under the seat is possibly for the cat temperature sensor, does the switch look factory?? If it does its prob the heated seat switch

A

Ash

as far as I am aware the GTI-R never came with airbags, even as an option.

these are the switches for the heated seats, do your switches look like these ones??
http://gtiroz.onthenet.com.au/gallery/Marc-For-Sale/aal

as for the plugs under the seats, there was discussion on the gti-r-oz list a few months back about these...some seemed to think they had something to do with auto tightening on the factory seatbelts, warning light for seatbelt not plugged in or heated seat option.
I think there is still doubt as to what they are for, but I can say that I have the factory seatbelts and they don't have auto tightening or warning light on my 1990 model, but the plugs are under the seats (well passenger one is, drivers one has been cut off) and I don't have the heated seats either.

A

antilag

wen u switch it does oil poor out the back to shake off any german spy's :shock:

A

Anonymous

No the switch doesn't look like that? theres only one of them drivers side of the handbrake it's got no picture on it's been take off??

has everyone else got a cable under both seats?

Would be nice a james bond ejector seat could loss some weight whilst racing eg.. fatty mates or girl

i'll get a picture of the switch it's weird.

also i got a small like senor on the dashboard right underneath the windscreen passager side its got a microchip in it don't know what this is either??

don't think it's a police senor which then fires a flame into the polices faces they won't catch me anyway.

thanks 4 your help !!!!

mepulsar

Curtis

If the cable is just under the drivers seat see if you can trace it to the seat belt. It's probably the wire that tells you on the dash that your not wear the belt! :wink:

A

Anonymous

yeah it does link to the seat belt your proberly right the mate!!

but i hve no light on the dash board to tell me if there pluged in. but have a weird green light in the inside passager door handle could be somthin to do with that

cheers

ben

Keira

mepulsar said:
also i got a small like senor on the dashboard right underneath the windscreen passager side its got a microchip in it don't know what this is either??
That would be the aircon/climate control temp sensor for the auto setting..

Then again it could be wired to something special...like a sonar device for when the car goes into submarine mode and illuminates the windscreen with a head up display showing locations of enemy subs... :)