what is this?

vss irvine

dont waste your money the standard ignition system is capable as long as its in good condition

odins car ran over 500hp with the standard distributor and some aftermarket plugs and leads.

those plugs are useless, if they were any good , then the guys that race would use them.

there was a test in last months redline and they failed!!

P

pulsarboby

those plugs you looked at are similar to a thing called a powerball which you actually screw into an ht lead by cutting the lead and screwing either side of the powerball unit in.
its basically a plastic ball with a load of ballbearings inside which causes a multiple spark when the spark jumps the gap (bit like firing a gun inside a tank lol) bullet will ricochet and cause untold damage! this is supposed to give you a split spark with greater burn rate.

in reality these things dont work that well tbh, if they did then do you not think manufacturers would start using similar items on mass produced performance cars to gain a few extra bhp!!!

darkyGTI-R

i'm with pulsarbobby on this one i don't know much about Rs basic and stuff but the guys on these forums have years of experience,trust the experience over ebay anytime!

GTiR-Aholic

was hoping you guys would say that :).... I am happy with my ignition setup and going direct would probably mean more mapping, more money and more pissing me off lol.

I'll put a thread up for my R soon.. just want to take a few pics first and I'm waiting to fit my new exhaust & fmic before I do that.