what next?

• Thread starter gotoinstant-redline
  • Start date
G

gotoinstant-redline

i need a new engine management system an di am either gonna go for the unichip or the motec. prolly the former due to cost.

but i also need some other bits to finish my project.. what order is best to fit them so as not to run the rist of running lean or blowing the poor thing up again?

FMIC
Injectors
ECU(unichip/motec)
Turbo.

i was thinking. FMIC then ecu then injectors then turbo?? what do you lot think?

L.

S

Sirnixalot

i would say do them in this order

FMIC
Turbo
Injectors AND ECU....you can replace the injectors but howiwll you control them :wink:

Keira

If the turbo went on after the ecu wouldn't it need re-mapping to get the best from the turbo following the change ?

I agree with sirnix that ecu should definatley be last on the list, get all the bolt on bits out the way then get it set up in one go.

E

Edd

if you dont want to spend motec money then you should look at the apexi power FC :wink:
i'm sure the dastek cannot support larger than std injectors - well that's what powerstation told me.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're ding most of the work yourself and running lowish boost, I'd say (save up if need be and) fit the fmic and turbo together then fit the injectors, unichip and get it mapped at the same time. If you're taking it to a garage I'd just say get it all done at the same time.

E

Edd

But remember the dastek can't support larger than std injectors :wink:

GINGA

need to know more about what your planning to do eg what power you looking for, what boost pressure, do you have forged pistons etc :?:

G

gotoinstant-redline

the unichip is fine with larger injectors! its tottaly mappable! so you make it up as you go along :)

ok ok.. i see the idea behind putting the ecu last. so if i do all the bolt on's and keep the boost low then i'll be cool till i can get the ecu to control it all.

as for car spec:
ND rebuild with pistons etc etc etc..
PAR box for the power :)
greddy boost controller, k&n, goose, bilstein shocks.
aiming for 400. i dont really want much more. if i get 1bhp over 400 then i'll stop modding at that point.. just so it's fast yet not going to blow up. 700would be nice but i'm not made of money :)

L.

A

antilag

400bhp is still alot mate and unless your car is mapped properly and set up very well i would'nt assume its gonna b a reliable 400bhp cos it might not b the case :D :D

G

gotoinstant-redline

well yeah.. but...

400 is well within my reach. i just want to go too much further as i know they the more bhp you got the more chance of going pop you have.

400 shouldnt be a prob with the right fueling and a good map on the ecu..

L.