What next?

P

PaddyPower

I am sure that this question has been asked several time before but i am new to the R seen and need a bit of friendly advise.

I have owned my R for a couple of months now and so far have stuck an apexi air filter and bailey dump valve under the bonet and a goose under the car. :D

My question to you is what next? :roll:

My main goal is to increase the 0-60 time noticably :twisted:

I was thinking of taking it down to abbey motors to have the car set up properly and to increase the boost to 1 bar. Would that be the next logical step?

If so what sort of costs would i be looking at? :cry:moved to tuning-Paddy please post in the correct sections-skiddusmarkus

P

PaddyPower

just been quoted £1300 are they having a bubble or is that the going rate. :shock:

mattygti-r

do this

walbro fuel pump £100
get a different BOV bailey arent all that (thast just my opinion)
electronic boost controller £250-£400
fuel computer say apexi safc2 £200ish

also i would...

get an aftermarket boost guage and pod

as well as

uprating your discs and break pads, £varies

LJ

Would also recommend an uprated clutch as apparantly it doesn't last too long at 1 bar :(
Prob looking at 250+ for the clutch then fitting on top

R

r5ben

you need the clutch mate i lasted about a week then the clutch started sliping :cry:

GINGA

Uprated fuel pump £100
good service with new plugs and fuel filter etc £100 ish
bleed valve £20 or dawes device £40ish or Mike's twin solenoid conversion £? or boost controller £200+
Set up on a rolling road £70ish they can only adjust the timing really so shouldn't cost much :roll:
If your lucky your clutch will already be uprated or fairly new then you'll be looking at 270-290bhp and 0-60 in the low to mid 4's 8)

O

one Gti-R

GINGA said:
Uprated fuel pump £100
good service with new plugs and fuel filter etc £100 ish
bleed valve £20 or dawes device £40ish or Mike's twin solenoid conversion £? or boost controller £200+
Set up on a rolling road £70ish they can only adjust the timing really so shouldn't cost much :roll:
If your lucky your clutch will already be uprated or fairly new then you'll be looking at 270-290bhp and 0-60 in the low to mid 4's 8)
end thread now :wink: