What next?

webba23

Hi,

I'm new to R ownership (and that of turbo'd cars too) and was wondering what my next step would be.
I currently have 5zigen exhaust, decat, blitz induction kit, manual boost controller running 1 bar, fully adjustable suspension, uprated clutch (not sure on make at min), uprated pads (again not sure on make) and that's it. well pleased as it put out 288.6 bhp this week on a set up.
Have plans for front mount in new year but other than this what would people advise?

Cheers

Matt

webba23

From looking on here I see most people go for the Walbro fuel pump. Any recomendations for the elbow/downpipe?

webba23

Suspension is sorted. Yeah I agree with the brakes I don't rate them at all!! Need bigger wheels though as only got 14's at the moment.

snoon

Brakes are on my list too!

Mine is a Walbro 255. Think it was about £70 or so, not too hard to fit yourself, theres a good guide on here.

You can buy an elbow, but mine is custom made. Any decent exhaust/tuner should be able to make one. Mine was £260.

webba23

Yeah just been reading through the how to guide. Will be one of the next upgrades but won't be til after xmas now. Theres a decent reputable exhaust fabricator round this way so might have to see what they say.
When uping the wheel size what would people say. People tell me 17's but I'm not bothered about looks just want the best in terms of performance.

stumo

webba23 said:
Suspension is sorted. Yeah I agree with the brakes I don't rate them at all!! Need bigger wheels though as only got 14's at the moment.
what's your setup?

webba23

To be honest I've not had a good look at the suspension since I got the car but am told that they look like tein coilovers. Am going to have a closer look to check this out.

youngsyp

stumo said:
next step...set the suspension up properly and get better brakes.
Yep, I second this...... What's the point of having a car that will go well in a straight line and not be able to slow down sufficiently, when you need it to ?!

Paul

webba23

Yep brakes definatley need doing as I don't trust them one bit at the moment. Waiting for the new year to upgrade the wheels as well in order to go for bigger discs (only got 14's at the moment). When fitting these I'll get the suspension set accordigly. Any suggestions on for the brakes?

snoon

I'll get Wilwoods - Think there is a group buy on here from Rally Design so about £500. But they are by nomeans the best.

Depends how much you have to spend!
Someone on here has just had some 8 pots made up - can't remember who.

webba23

Will running 1 bar on standard fuel pump be ok for time being. It's just someone just told me this can cause serious engine failure. Is this true or am I ok for the time being?

O

Odin

Best thing you can do next matey is drive it to the nearest open space and set light to the f*cking thing :shock: :doh: , That way you will save yourself any future heart ache :thumbsup: .

Rob

stumo

webba23 said:
To be honest I've not had a good look at the suspension since I got the car but am told that they look like tein coilovers. Am going to have a closer look to check this out.

Just because it's got Teins etc means jack sh1t, if it's not setup properly you might as well not have it

webba23

That true. Going to be another expensive month in January!! Not that I wasn't expecting it to be expensive owning one......but it's worth it!!