What oil?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know the best oil to use in the gearbox? i dont want to put any old rubish in there. cheers :?

J

jasegould

Redline MT90 comes highly recommended, ive just changed my gbox oil for it.......comes in .9 litre bottles (its from the US I believe :roll: ) and is about £11 per bottle, youll need 5. Ordered mine online from Demon tweeks

andygtir

g/box = 4.5 litres. r/diff = 1 litre. but just keep filling until oil starts coming out of the filler hole - use a piece of tubing and a funnel :)

oh and redline is the mutts 8)

A

Anonymous

Completely agree. The shifting gets significantly smoother after putting Redline MT90. I recalled I put around 4.5 bottles (1 bottle = 1 quart = 0.946 liters) to fill it up, and the tranny is happy since then :)

A

Anonymous

celm said:
Rnn14US where can we get Redline MT90 here in the states
Not sure about the location, but there are a couple shops close to me that sells it. Also if you goto the tuning shop they should be able to get it as well. As for myself, I got mine at a company called "Auto Supply Center" in Redwood City, Calif. Cost around USD $9 each.

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
So we pay twice as much in the UK.... as usual :?

GeeTee 8)
Well, it all depends. Last time my driver side windows was broken and I ordered the parts from UK and need to pay extra for the shipping... :wink:

A

Anonymous

celm said:
you guys charge us more for the shipping then u do for the parts :evil:
Ha ha... that's why I usually order parts together to save some shipping cost. I'm sure you know that, another way to save $ is thru group buy... discount price on parts and less $ on shipping. Celm, if we live closer we could be a great group buy partners.... 8)