what power to expect?

D

Davidmo

Hey im planning on upgrading my R with a HKS GTRS turbo, cams , camgears, rods, pistons, port and polish. What power do u think i could expect with this upgrade. Also will a PAR synchro upgrade be up to the task of holding this power? Do Eagle rods make a set for the GTIR ? Is there anything else i would need to make this reliable/ Would it be worth using a aftermarket manifold and what is there avalible?

So far my mods are 3 inch exhaust, front mount, sard fuel reagulator, Bosh 044 pump, 700cc Sard injectors, Power FC, Profec B,

Any ADVICE with is appreciated!!!!!! :oops:

O

Odin

Davidmo said:
Hey im planning on upgrading my R with a HKS GTRS turbo, cams , camgears, rods, pistons, port and polish. What power do u think i could expect with this upgrade. Also will a PAR synchro upgrade be up to the task of holding this power? Do Eagle rods make a set for the GTIR ? Is there anything else i would need to make this reliable/ Would it be worth using a aftermarket manifold and what is there avalible?

So far my mods are 3 inch exhaust, front mount, sard fuel reagulator, Bosh 044 pump, 700cc Sard injectors, Power FC, Profec B,

Eagle rods will fit if you use the 17mm bearings of the s14 I think
as the pulsar runs a 19mm bearing as standard :wink: that why
I'v gone for poor oops I'm mean Par rods :wink: .

rob

D

Davidmo

vpulsar said:
Davidmo said:

Eagle rods will fit if you use the 17mm bearings of the s14 I think
as the pulsar runs a 19mm bearing as standard :wink: that why
I'v gone for poor oops I'm mean Par rods :wink: .

so i can use eagle rods? What are the PAR items like, i have heard these have some issues, if i use eagle rods is the only difference the bearings will anything else need to be modified, do u think these are my best option?

A

Anonymous

par is aussie made stuff right??

they make strong gears out here

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, PAR is Aussie stuff, but you will probably ned to get the rods balanced as everyone who's bought them seems to report them being quite abit out compared to each other.

skiddusmarkus

You should be ok with the gearset living in Australia.They have the finest gearbox builders in the world there apparently and all the UK ones are useless,must be all those years of motorsport heritage that's blunted their skills.