what the hell is this?!

gtir_pimp

i was running some speaker wires from the head unit to the rear of the car and went under the carpet in drivers footwell and took of the bit of plastic just right of the accelerator pedal and found something tucked behind it. It looks like a turbo timer and sais HKS sports on it an QUEST underneat that, has a small screen and 4 buttons 1 up arrow 2 down arrow 3 right arrow and 4 a small square like on a dvd remote. it looks like its wired into the ignition and i do already have a turbo timer so what is it? part of the turbo timer?
cheers people:thumbsup:

EVOBAD

pic would be nice iv had that in the past when i bought evo 3 ther was huge lump under carpet had a look it was a greddy boostcontroller ,i think when they come from japan they tend to just stick any controllers etc behind dash by ecu or under carpet,every jap car i hav now i check to see if it has any goodies

rayman75

I FOUND SOMETHING SIMILAR IN MINE, i was messing around underneath the ignition barrel and looked near the accel pedal and found a turbo timer, the car already had one fitted. the funny thing was it was still wired in and worked perfectly.

kirko

when they are imported and require an sva test quite often aftermarket gismos are hidden because some testers get a bit anal and dont approve of them resulting in failing the sva test untill such items are either removed,
i know mine had the turbo timer hidden for the first two years of ownership,
this could be the case here someone could have fitted a turbo timer not realising there was one hidden already

gtir_pimp

sorry, my computers being gay n wont let me put any pics up.
fuel delimiter? dont the MPH clocks delimit it?

B

boozyboo

azol, do a search on google. its a turbo timer, jus looked. i think it the old model.