stokie1

after taking delivery of my tomei engine found out
all the uprated bolts/studs are standard and head is standard
spoke to SHabbey and they said they would try and sort it out and
to CHILL OUT, not heard from them for the last 10 days and
the people who were going to bolt on my turbo and manifold and
dyno my engine are now getting abit funny with me as my engine
is taking up their space, just sitting there doing nothing, as it is in no
condition to be dyno'ed, what should i do?

1. legal action for £3k to bring engine to spec

2. legal action for full amount, and get engine built by someone else

3. send the boy's round

what would u do?

ashills

mate tbh i wouldnt stick a thread like this up u need to sort it with abbey if they supplied engine etc
mark's a reasonable bloke dont go asking everyone to stick there thoughts in on here as it always ends up with bad feelings etc

S

stokie1

mark is a piece of skoda, if u dont have a GTR u dont matter

they did not answer my phone calls for the 2 months that my engine was
over due, they just have their receptionist cut me off :evil:

my engine turned up without about £4K worth of work that i paid for
and abbey said they would TRY and sort it out, nice of them to bother really only spent £11,850 with them

apparently i should 'CHILL OUT, AS THESE THINGS HAPPEN ALL
THE TIME ' magic customer services if u ask me

sypher

for just short of £12K you really do expect to get what you pay for, as above i would be contacting them and asking how they intend to rectify your unfortunate situation and the time it "will" take to rectify, recieve writen confirmation and allow them the oppertunity to fix it at no cost to you as you didn't recieve the product you paid for!!!!!!(did they build or import the engine?). legal proccedings may be necessary but try and keep this as last resort!!!!

Good Luck

Stu.

S

stokie1

imported the engine from Tomei direct,
Had to use abbey, as Tomei will not deal with the public,

at the end of the day looking at piece of junk that i can not nothing
with, need's at least 4K of mod's,

ABBEY SAY ' THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME' :evil:

avoid abbey if u have some cash
:shock:

zia

tried asking abbey to get some flywheel bolt's for me. but they never got back even thou i rang twice to see if any new's.but i suppose all tuner have their moment's of cock up's . i would hang tight give'em space to sort it out if not do what you feel necessarry.

zia

M

madbazza95

BAST*****

:twisted: :evil: I TRIED MORE THAN 1 YEAR TO SORT OUT MY PROBLEM WITH DET DAVE BUT JUST GOT THE RUN AROUND.THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY AND THEN DONT WANT TO KNOW :evil: THEY AVOID ALL YOUR CALLS AND ARE NEVER AROUND ALWAYS OUT. :x

Mark_GTiR

What proof do you have? If you have an invoice or something similar for the work you have paid for stating exactly what you were getting and that's what you haven't got then it's a clear breach of contract and you'll be entitled to your money back.

I'd suggest a stern letter outling your intentions to seek legal advice and in the lack of a response within a set deadline i.e 21 days you will be looking to commence small claims proceedings.

There may be a viable explanation for it... I can imagine dealing with companies abroad can take some time to investigate...

Just my thoughts...

Mark

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I could have had that whole engine built inc parts for £5k...

Shocking how much some people charge... :roll:

Gutted for you mate... :(

I would just get a solicitors letter to Abbey... Might shake them into gear and sort your engine out.... :idea:

Rishi

C

carpy100

go to citizens advice mate :idea:
thats what i did, it'll put you in a more positive frame of mind.
they are excellent.
IF YOU CARRY ON POSTING ON HERE MAKE SURE IT IS ALL FACT :!: