what type of power

mattygti-r

will i see from 1.1 bar with

a) stock pistons

b) forged jobbies

the set up i have at the mo is pretty spot on, boosts up lovely, smooth delivery of power, fuel pump (will be sorted) air filter sorted, etc ECU mapped for the appropriate boost,

ive no idea what injectors ive got or internals but its had a FMIC in japan some strange jap electronics (ecu etc)
and think it was a little "track day special"

interested on what internals im running but cant really find out

A

antilag

u ent gonna see no more power with forge pistons mate they can take more abuse thats all because there made better lighter watever u mite see a few hp difference thats all :wink:

G

GAZ P

The only way to check for forged pistons would be to strip the engine :cry: or raise the boost to 1.6bar & see how long the engine lasts :oops: :cry: :oops:

mattygti-r

ok ta

well the mods ive got that will make any power differnce are....

id like to see 270.....

AP paddle clutch
FIELD JAP ECU
fuel pump
mongoose decat full system
apexi power intake
tmic
HKS EVC

C

chris-b

mattygti-r said:

the set up i have at the mo is pretty spot on, boosts up lovely, smooth delivery of power, fuel pump (will be sorted) air filter sorted, etc ECU mapped for the appropriate boost,

he thought that until he went in mine! :wink: :lol:

mattygti-r

chris-b said:
mattygti-r said:

he thought that until he went in mine! :wink: :lol:
haha thats cos your running over stock boost regarless of what your pikey boost guage says :p

chris your defo running 0.9bar

Its easy to tell if you have stock pistons.

Just remove a sparkplug and shine a torch down there. If your cunning enough with the angle you can read 54c off the stock piston. And you can see a round casting mark (circle) in the middle of the piston.

I doubt forgies will look like that.

S

stomski

mattygti-r said:
ok ta

well the mods ive got that will make any power differnce are....

id like to see 270.....

AP paddle clutch
FIELD JAP ECU
fuel pump
mongoose decat full system
apexi power intake
tmic
HKS EVC
im no expert, but my last R made 274bhp with less mods than that mate, so a bit more than 270bhp i would ave thought :wink:

kyepan

austingtir said:
Its easy to tell if you have stock pistons.

Just remove a sparkplug and shine a torch down there. If your cunning enough with the angle you can read 54c off the stock piston. And you can see a round casting mark (circle) in the middle of the piston.

I doubt forgies will look like that.
yer thats what i was gonna say.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's possible you could see less power with forged pistons if they're low compression ones, or a thicker head gasket was used in the rebuild.

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
It's possible you could see less power with forged pistons if they're low compression ones, or a thicker head gasket was used in the rebuild.
mattys got lower than stock comprssion across all 4 pots.

mattygti-r

sturat said:
Fast Guy said:
mattys got lower than stock comprssion across all 4 pots.
just dug out compression test from import

112 112 114 110

:?:

ashills

just turn it up to 1.1-2 and u will see near 300bhpif not more as long as ur engine is all good
idealy u want a front mount but ashbhp ran 1.4 with the interwarmer at pts the first time

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's well low :shock: . Let's hope it's down to low compression pistons or head gasket :D and not worn rings :?

Is it running OK? If so, up the boost :wink:

mattygti-r

Fast Guy said:
That's well low :shock: . Let's hope it's down to low compression pistons or head gasket :D and not worn rings :?

Is it running OK? If so, up the boost :wink:
I dont kow what they are like on stock

the engine is tight, sweet as a nut (chav speak i know) :lol:

i get no smoke from the engine or turbo, pulls like a train to be honest and runs 0.5 boost, no rattles, runs on silkolene pro s with uprated SARD filter,

the compression test was a good 2 years ago, its not been rebuilt since ive had it

ive had no engine problems in 2years (nearly 2years this summer)

so what you reckon? headgaset ? pistons?

but defo not stock?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It sounds like it's ok then. :)

So either they did the compression test wrong, or you have a big mother turbo as 0.5bar is less than standard.

mattygti-r

Fast Guy said:
It sounds like it's ok then. :)

So either they did the compression test wrong, or you have a big mother turbo as 0.5bar is less than standard.
no the compression test is fine :) its from a good company :)

its defo 112 etc

ive never upted teh boost in 18months

it has had a FMIC in japan and an "old sckool" avcr at some point

its some v.strange ECU (only one ive seen on a gtir)

its also had some (and still has) a strnage apexi style grouding kit

it was used on the track and prb some street racer thing in japan

the turbo is a stock (well housing looks stock) T28

but im running only 0.5 boost it still goes well, and its not slow

doubt its rollerbearing

from what you say its prb got uprated internals

8)