What would you do ?

A

Artistic_Pen

hey all, i'm thinking about buying a GTiR and putting around 2-2.5k pounds into it, what would you do to increase the performance ?
I know very, very little about cars but the GTiR's have caught my eye, so any help and opinions on what you would put into it (list the parts if :D) yeah anyways, thanks :)moved to tuning-skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

Brakes,clutch,suspension,1bar boost with a fuel computer,free flowing exhasut and air filter.If you buy new that's your budget blown.

chrisniss91

Brakes, boost controller set to 1 bar, then a new clutch. If you need all the work done by a mechanic/garage your money may all be gone by then, If you have soom left over get an apexi fuel controller.

Where u from anyway :?:

A

Artistic_Pen

hah, thought this might get moved, had thought about putting it in here in the first place, thanks for moving it man :)

im from New Zealand, might be moving to England sometime within the next year, maybe.

Thanks for posting :)

K

KRS

Are the original clutches that bad? You change them even BEFORE they go???

chrisniss91

standard boost mine lasted for ever, but when you up the boost and start doing drag runs you may need to change it :lol:
Depends how you drive it

K

KRS

Im new to the R but....

I would wait till the clucth goes and then change it.

Use the money in the breaking and handling department. With a good Fuel/boost controller.

That way, when you have money for even more mods, You will still have a car in one piece ;)

Just go easy on the clutch :roll:

EDIT: Just read what skiddusmarkus wrote, best keep some cash aside then :p

A

Artistic_Pen

i am a little flexable on the cash, meaning i could go to 3/3.5k :)

J

jiw

Say you are going to spend 4-grand on a car then 3-3.5k on it, why not spend 7.5k on a modified gtir, this will have some very good spec and you will save a fortune, plus no dirty hands :D