What's a FET Tuning System?

D

deslynam

I found some wires that connect to a small fused box of tricks mounted to the wing next to the battery, and it takes a power feed directly from the battery.
They run around the front and the rear of the engine bay (disappearing out of site), encased in white tubing with "FET Tuning System" on it.

Does anybody have any ideas what it might be?
I'd post a photo but can't directly upload...

D

deslynam

Am wondering if it's something to do with the Turbo Timer (a Razo RE40, that I have no idea how to work as it's in Japanese! :lol: )

D

deslynam

mattygti-r said:
FET will relate to the turbo timer
So who are they, what do they do, are they a Jap. company, etc... :?:
Any info would be useful!

frp

FET.......................is FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTOR. IT REGULATES THE FLOW OF ELECTRICITY[/b]

ram5ay

FET is a jap co. too, think they do loads of stuff, could be a relay and wiring for fog lights or anything. They deffinately do alot of fog light type stuff.

D

deslynam

frp said:
FET.......................is FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTOR. IT REGULATES THE FLOW OF ELECTRICITY[/b]
I know what the acronym stands for in the wider electronics world! :roll: :lol:

oldaneal said:
yea ive got a fet 206 turbo timer but dont think any of the wires go as far as under the bonnet
Mine's a Razo one, hence the confusion (apart from the fact I don't know how to work that!)

The fog light thing is an interesting one, although I've got a switch on the dashboard with a few wires coming out of it, that doesn't actually seem to operate anything! Might be to do with that, as there's a lot of holes across the dashboard where somebody's mounted all sorts of things. :shock:

frp

Ok then well i think this may help

Company summary

Company name Corporation f I - tea

English company name   Far East Trading CO and Ltd.

Head office address   〒 157-0071 the Tokyo Setagaya Ku Chitose stand 4-30-11
TEL: 03-5490-2551 (representation)

:D

D

deslynam

Nice one, cheers for that - I had trouble trying to find a website for them 8)