whats best for mine,

P

pulsar-kid

i want to know what would see more power out of my engine i am using a mines ecu and a greedy emanager in blue and a avc-r at the mo, would i be better using just the standard ecu and having it propley mapped,
or just using the mines itself,
or using the standard ecu with the emanager piggy backed
or just leaving it alone?

antgtir

Im not sure but is the Mines ECU mappable anyway? In which case i would say all you need is the Mines and AVCR. Unless of course the Greddy has better features in which case, use the standard ECU with Greddy Emanage and AVCR to control boost.

Ant.

MORF114

Like ant says, why dont you leave it how it is with the emanage piggy back and get that mapped properly. why bother going back to std when you have a emanage in place?!

neil240z

yep i go with Ant too, e-manage your stock ECU and sell your mines, next step up from that is power FC.

Fusion Ed

Apart from the fact PFC is easy to DIY its less capable than stock ecu, however back to topic.

No real need to have mines + e-manage blue, unless the mines removed the speed limiter and increased the rev limiter (as these may return with stock ecu, if its not delimited already) I would say simply from the point of economics and the desire others have to get hold of the mines would be to sell that fit the stock ecu and get the e-manage mapped.

P

pulsar-kid

right this is what i thought now i know you cant map the mines but can you stiil adjust the fueling using the e-manager because surely that way i could get the best potoinal out of that ecu with it fueling spot on, but like i said all i want is what the best for more power with out spending thousands on a new ecu, how much are mines going for aswell

P

pulsar-kid

oh i was told no can do! and was also told that they were ment for 100 octane fuel as the japs have higher fuel and aslo that they make it run abit more richer thats why i asked if you could still control the fueling from the e-manager?

antgtir

The emanage will act as a fuel controller but with a much better method of tricking the ECU (so ive been told).

Look at Micra Ed's sig lol that will give you some idea on the capabilities a good map and a few other focussed mods will do for you ;-)

Ant.

Fusion Ed

Most couldn't. or more to the point wouldn't map the Mines, but there is absolutely no reason why it cannot be done. (unless its physically impossible to get to the parts you need to within the ECU, but that is very unlikely)

stugtir300

hi micra ed,wot other mods apart from the ones mentioned on this thread did u use to run 2 bar boost to achieve 463bhp.any help u could give me would be great.