Whats the symptoms???

B

Brett G

After driving my R for a while it always seems to hold back and its starting to P*** me off now... It doesn't always happen but mostly after driving for a while. Whats the symptoms of a Faulty Det sensor (or detting) or Lambda sensor or dirty AFM etc?
The car runs normally just under acceleration you can just tell its not pulling right at all... Deeper engine tone boost is correct etc I can only describe it as if its trying to pull a trailer along or something!! :shock: :roll:
The other thing i notice is that when i lift my foot off slightly it pulls a bit! :?

Any ideas, or has anyone suffered similar symptoms???

Cheers

Brett

houghy_1

that pretty much describes whats happening to mine.
it sounds louder on the same sort of load on the accelerator.
when you let off or put less load on it it will pick its feet up :? :?:

p.s. fault code check ok

MarkTurbo

If the det sensor cuts in and the ecu goes into safe mode you wont get a fault code :wink:

When it goes into safe mode it retards the timing which is why the car feels sluggish, it should cut the boost too if you've still got the boost solenoid connected :wink:

J

jiw

This info would be handy as i think my car is going into safe mode, also my afr's are all over the place on the gauge, reads lean on idle and rich on acceleration, not getting no feedback on the lambda check yet no fault codes show up either, its all 5-5, jeff

B

Brett G

Cheers guys, is the det sensor hard to change? Or is it likely that the car really is detting?? I have a Blitz boost controller so probably why the boost doesn't drop

MarkTurbo

Brett G said:
is the det sensor hard to change?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It could be detting but its hard to say really :wink: Oh and the det sensor is a b1tch to get at :( Hence the laughing :wink:

B

Brett G

:cry:
I'm going to clean the throttle bodies and the afm hopefully tonight