Whats the weigh of a standard car with aircon and a sunroof.

k20 gtr

I saw in the faq that a standard pulsar is 1220kg, but does anybody know the weight of a 1990 shell with air con sunroof and electric mirrors.

I just weighed mine and it was 1120kg with a 1/4 tank.

Thanks Grant

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I take it 1120kg isn't a standard car with aircon and a sunroof? Or did you mistype 1220kg? The sunroof will add a few kg more so I'd say 1230 at the most.

k20 gtr

No far from standard, fully stripped out, bucket seats, perspex windows and sunroof ( std with assembly and motor weighs 17kg) coilovers, sound proofing removed, no window assemblys.

Is there a published weight for a 1990 pulsar with aircon, sunroof and elec mirrors or was this lot standard apart from the sunroof??

Spikey

All Pulsars had Aircon... But not all had ABS so that might change. Also phase I are lighter than phase II which is not mentioned anywhere, I don't think they are that light for a hatch back tbh...

k20 gtr

No thay are dammed heavy cars, be nice if they were fiesta weight 800kg or so and even with the 4wd say 1000kg as standard, would be alot more fun! Didnt think about the abs either.

RO_SUNNY

Mine has 1160kgs and it's an UK model (without aircon, electrical folding mirrors, interior sound damping, etc)

MarkTurbo

Mine has 1160kgs and it's an UK model (without aircon, electrical folding mirrors, interior sound damping, etc)
Is that stripped out? My UK sunny is basically the same but its got manual windows, fibreglass bonnet and carbon fibre bucket seats and its 1170kg.

k20 gtr

I still have the sales brochure from my uk one. The weight is 1240kg which has abs, not sure if uk models had door bars?? So add a sunroof at 17kg minus (1 kg for the steel in place) folding mirrors are 2kg each minus ( say 1 kg each for standard ones) air con at say 23kg.
I make that 1281kg for a pulsar with aircon, sunroof, abs, electric mirrors.

Did the uk cars get undersealed which would push the weight up more than a pulsar.

I wonder if they weighed them with empty tanks??

Spikey

While is building mine i noticed loads of heavy cast Brackets doing Fook all. most of them i replaced using lighter material...

Tim

I've just weighed mine, came in at 1180kgs with a load of stuff in the cabin, but bugger all fuel.

Car has been stripped of all sound deadening, rear interior, has bucket seats, roll cage, no a/c or sunroof, that's about it.

k20 gtr

Tim that sounds good with the having a rollcage and stuff still in the car!
Spikey I noticed I still have the top mount bracket connected to the block, do you know it this has any other uses further down where it bolts on??