WHATS THIS ? (Ha. got me pic back )

To keep looking for the same clutch as my original or not, ( KAYABA ) Was not too SNAPPY & not t

• Go with RPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go with HELIX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

n7dge

I was wondering if any of you knowlegeable technically minded type people could help me with this.
It was lurking behind the pressure plate when I pulled the box off to change my collapsed release bearing.
OK, can see it's a paddle friction plate, but I di'n't put it there so have no idea what spec it is or awt.
I can see the following markings on the fric plate: KAYABA RS610 S151.
And these on the pressure plate: VALEO NISSAN RS420.

Thing is; due to it being a real tw-t to get at, I think it would be wise to change the clutch whilst it's stripped, BUT......as I've been realy happy with the feel and performance of the clutch (realy hard launching n'stuff) I want to be damn certain any replacement would be the same.

I've searched tinternet for Kayaba / KYB (same thing) but can't find anything on clutches, its like they don't do clutches ?????? !

So absolutely ANY info that you can offer on what I have would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Nij.

MarkTurbo

If i was you i'd fit a new clutch while its out, it'll save a lot of hassle later on :wink:

Depending on the power your running a Helix/AP racing organic is probably the best one to go for.

N

n7dge

MARK.
Well....er.........yes. :? Thanks mate.

Jiw.
HOW did ya find that ! :eek:
Certainly looks very similar, what makes you think it's same as mine ? I can't find anything on that site to say it's Kayaba, that said I haven't been able to confirm any connection between clutches & Kayaba ! :cry:
Thanks for your help.

Any further comments anyone ?
Nij.

N

n7dge

Sypher.
Already established the KYB connection at "first post" buddy'
Not been able to find clutches by KYB on tinternet either though !
Where d'ya get yours from, if ya don't mind me askin. :?:
Maybe I can contact them :wink:
Nij.

sypher

sorry dude like you i found this when i took the box off, mines in good condition so just changing the release bearing

spent 10-15 min's looking on www and it appears that kyb no longer makes clutches for cars..

If you find something post it up please as i'll need a spare as well and if i find a uk supplier i'll let you know

N

n7dge

Always kinda comforting to find that someone else is having the same problem. S'pose, a problem shared is a.......... :)
Mine must av been fitted in japan cos I'm 1st. UK owner, how about yours :?:
Yes matey, if I do get any nearer finding a source of these, or even what sort of spec. cerametalic / metalic / organic / ceramic / CHOCOLATE Etc. I'll post it on here :wink:
Just to gauge roughly how much life we have left in our clutches ;....
Ive got 7mm from front face to rear face. whats yours look like :?:
Thanks for your help.

Anyone else come accross these clutches by KAYABA (KYB) :?:
Nij.

N

n7dge

HAS NO ONE ELSE HEARD OF kAYABA / KYB CLUTCHES THEN :?: :shock: :shock:
I can't believe that, cos there are alot of very experienced GTIR bodgers, oup.. sorry bods on here.
Get your thinking caps on guys.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
if i was you i'd get rid of the paddle (if you want to save your box) the helix organic is rated at 350lb/ft torque which is enough for most people, although srb are selling these new fancy clutches rated a lot higher! RPS clutches they are called - the max organic is rated at 475 lb/ft and will only cost you £305. its a tad cheaper than the helix, only problem is they are new on the market and are pretty much untested. in my opinion i would go with the rps, although i had no problem whatsoever with the helix. the AP racing clutches are rated at 250lb/ft

K

kizzyturbo4x4

just bought the rps 475lb clutch kit with uprated pressureplate.
will have it mounted to the weekend so then well see how that one works out.
:D

N

n7dge

Thanks guys (last two posts).
Not heard of RPS, but maybe give it a try. Thing is I didn't find the KAYABA one that I just took out, too agressive, it doesn't BANG and send a shockwave through the car when it bites like proper racing paddle clutches, ya know, them ones with no cushion springs in the centre.
They're EEvill :twisted: :twisted: Especially when youv'e got SOLID engine mounts :!: :shock: (like me other toy, [onion built for DRAGGIN] )
Anyhow...

KIZZYTURBO4x4,
Will you let us all know what the RPS is like when you get it fitted please.
Cheers
Nij.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
there is actually a thread going on here regarding these clutches:

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26059

i know a lot of people swear by them (200sx owners esp)

if you are going to go for lots of power in your R the RPS should see you all the way up to 500bhp and for £305 its a bargain!!

if i knew about them before i would def have bought it instead of the helix.

N

n7dge

Fire & Skill.
I'm off to have a look at that thread then, right now :arrow: