Whats this plug for?

billy187

Ah ok no wonder its not plugged into anything.

Cheers, just trying to rule a few things out on why this car is not turning over.

billy187

Yep definitely something like that stu, currently just going over all the earth points to make sure there all good. Its got a Msd Blaster Coil fitted so i may try and fit the standard coil back again as well.

Its showing up code 11 as well so will get the dizzy replaced as well.

williams

do you mean the engine isnt even cranking? or just not firing up? if its not even cranking over i would say its nothing to do with the ignition or boost solenoid. have you had the engine out or anything? check starter motor wiring.

billy187

Its not even cranking mate, ive just bought the car like this but its been stood without being moving at all since early 2009.

Will have a look over the starter tomorrow as well cheers.

wrc

Starter motor all day long surely... All the sr20's I've had all in different car have all needed a starter motor at some point lol

Whack a test light on the starter to see of its getting power?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's been sat for 3 years have you tried cranking the engine by hand to make sure it's not seized? Other than that I'd go starter motor. (bump starting it should confirm it's just the starter motor)

williams

is there enough charge in the battery? is it a good battery? i would also check it isnt seized. pull the plugs out and crank it over like that so thers no compression and so it wont start just to get the oil round the engine.