wheel clearance on brakes

turbodaily

any idea if these will fit over my hispec 285 discs and 4pots?

theyre racing hart 15", im pretty sure these callipers fit under 15"s but not sure if the calliper will fould the spokes or not??

youngsyp

I think HiSpec quote 15" rims as a minimum for their 285mm brake kits, as do most other manufacturers with similar size kits.
I have a 308mm kit on mine and run 16" wheels, they fit no problem, with lots of space.
I reckon you'll be ok !

turbodaily

do you think the calliper will clear the spokes?? just looking at the above pic whith the wheels over standrad callipers, looks pretty close on standard brakes..

rayman75

mate i have just been through all this. basically its down to spke design and offset, try and get a 35mm or 37mm offset so the wheel will stick out more to clear calipers. mine was 35mm.

i had a stroke of luck, i was after 16's but couldnt find any at the time, as i only wanted some as track day wheels, i went into halfords and they had a clearence deal set of 15's with tyres for £125, popped them on and they clear with loads of room can nearly stick my finger down in between the 2.

heres a pic of them

there not wolfrace by the way, it was just the wheel centres they had.

turbodaily

i think il just have to try them before i buy them, do the hispec callipers stick out more,or less than standard callipers?

Trip

rayman75 said:
mate i have just been through all this. basically its down to spke design and offset, try and get a 35mm or 37mm offset so the wheel will stick out more to clear calipers. mine was 35mm.

i had a stroke of luck, i was after 16's but couldnt find any at the time, as i only wanted some as track day wheels, i went into halfords and they had a clearence deal set of 15's with tyres for £125, popped them on and they clear with loads of room can nearly stick my finger down in between the 2.

heres a pic of them

there not wolfrace by the way, it was just the wheel centres they had.

Would you mind stating which brake kit/size you got under the !5 ?

Had to change my wheels after fitting the brembo's with 290mm disks. From a super lightweight watanabe rs8 spilt rim to a compomotive mo, both 15's. looking at the style of your racing hart wheels it may be tight. I've only got about 1mm clearance.