Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GTiRlover said:
Excuse me if this question is retarded :oops:

Is the rolling radius of a 205/40/17 tyre the same as a 195/45/16 :?:

Ta :D

No...

Close though...

From the top of the wheel 17 is 1/2inch(1.27cm) taller... eg. 1/2inch taller top and bottom to give its 1inch greater size...

From the top of the wheel you only gain back 0.5cm from the higher profile of the 16inch tyre...

Rishi

GTiRlover

RishiGTiR- what would be better for road use in your opinion then the 17's with a 40 profile or the 16's with the 45 profile? I want the car to be stable at speed but also be responsive in the handling department.

I know wheel weight is an issue but the 16" wheel I have in mind weighs 6kg and the 17" about 7kg so wheel weight won't be as much of an issue, but I know tyre weight will be so will probably go for a set of Toyo T1R's cos I heard these were quite a light tyre (correct me if Im wrong tho...)

:D

Rishi

Well with smaller alloys you bring the rolling mass closer to the centre... Its all to do with unsprung mass...

With GTiR's 16's are best for handling...

I use 17's but i have TEIN Coilovers with adjustable solid mounts and Cusco/Whiteline goodies that give me a decent setup with 17's...

Rishi

GTiRlover

Ta Rishi, gotta say Im edging towards the 16's but eventually I plan on getting a coilover setup and am still tempted with the 17's....

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop said:
the R was made to run on 14 or 15 inch rally slag wheels dude :wink:

And what size wheels are you running...??? :lol: :lol: :wink:

TBH... The GTiR will always handle better with 15's or 16's... :wink:

Rishi

GTiRlover

Yeah I know it will handle better with the 16's and the slightly larger profile tyre will mean a less harsh ride when compared with the 40 profile of the 17" tyre.

But I plan on getting a set of 15's, 16's and 17's but I can't decide which to buy first :roll:

I have some cheapo 'weigh more than the car itself' :( :oops: :roll: 17" Fox wheels on her at the mo so want rid asap!!!!

I thought this thread would help me make my mind up, still no closer to knowing what I want tho :lol:

:D

warringtonjack

Can you lads who take your R's up the strip tell me what size wheels you find best for launching?? I use 15's at the mo which are ace for handling, but when launching it, the wheels spin for a bit before gripping and shooting away! Always better than destroying my standard clutch tho. :lol: