when buying a pulsar should.................

G

gaz_127

the mileage of the car worry me cos i wdont really like high mileage cars i want a pulsar with around 50k on the clock have seen a few i like but they all have high mileage

GINGA

Most Jap imports have been clocked so ignore the mileage and go by general condition of the car :wink:

Websnowbo

I agree, most have been clocked to buggery.

Use your eyes and your ears and walk away if something niggles you.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

gaz when i got my r it was on 67k i fink thats about 110km but not shor wat was the one like u looked at ?

G

gaz_127

mate it was going good up until the test drive was getting well excited as i thought it was going to be the one i was gonna buy,got in took it slowly every time i took a left turn i heard a knocking noise from the passenger side of the car,it would start misfiring then it would be ok,and when he said i could put my foot down i did on a dual carriage way and there was a massive puff of smoke coming from the back of it,and the gearbox was making a whining noise so we just walked away and he still wanted £5500 i was gutted cos me and my old man travelled all the way to manchester for fuck all :( that had 90000km on it if i remember rightly

GINGA

Take your time and find one thats perfect as you can, it may take a while but it will be worth it in the end :wink:
You'd also be better off buying a known car from someone on here, then once you've decided its ok put a post up on here saying your interested in buying this car and can anybody who knows this car pm me any details you feel you should know about :wink:

B

Boo

GAZ -

Ginga is right.... Take you time, even offer a member a pint or 2 they may come a visit a car with you...

If you're based near me (Kingston, Surrey) - come a view mine, it might not be the car for you - but if will give you another example.

http://www.maxdracing.co.uk/gtirforsale.html

Cheers

Ben

Cris

gaz_127 said:
...and he still wanted £5500 i was gutted cos me and my old man travelled all the way to manchester for f*** all :( that had 90000km on it if i remember rightly
Definitely wait for a good one. I saw about 8 before getting mine. Drove something like 300 miles to see it too.

Wouldn't worry too much about miles or age as they don't make much difference. I would suggest looking at condition, history and the owner :?

I always ask what kind of oil they put in it. You can tell a lot about an owner from what they know about servicing a car.

Side topic but when I bought my m'bike (many moons ago) I asked one potential seller what oil he used - "The 2 stoke stuff from the petrol station". The bike runs total loss lubrication, revs to 12k and has a 10k mile lifespan (odd) on pistons. Stangely enough I didn't buy one from him...

A

Anonymous

gaz_127 said:
the mileage of the car worry me cos i wdont really like high mileage cars i want a pulsar with around 50k on the clock have seen a few i like but they all have high mileage
remember even the youngest car you see will be 10 years old so i doubt very much if you`ll get a genuine low mileage car.

i did 3 years of hard commuting in mine before i started tuning it without it even using a drop of oil.like what has been said before,"condition is everything" and you can usually tell if an owner has looked after the car by asking some probing questions :wink: