Where does the reverse sensor plug go

projectgtir

Can some one tell me or show me from there car, where the reverse sensor plugs into the loom
Its the one that comes from the bottom of the gearbox .

geoff pine

Theres only two connectors on that loom that are the same the one at the back nearest the bulkhead is for the reverse sensor

projectgtir

Cheers chaps ,just changed my clutch and flywheel so dropped the engine and this is the only thing im stuck on.

I cant find the connector by the bulkhead the only connector i have available that fits, is by the dizzy .
I must have hidden the connector round the back by accident.

ZED_not_zee

was searching for info on this so I thought I would re-use this thread..
How important is the reverse sensor? My transmission guy broke off the white contact on the gear selection thinger. and put it back together.. without replacing it...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
MOT fail. - You can wire it up as a switch that you flick on when you select reverse though...

ZED_not_zee

what is a MOT fail?.... and if the only thing that doesn't work is the reverse light then I can deal with that... I need to get her to the painters this week so I'm triage-ing whats important LOL

ZED_not_zee

Thanks ollydj!!!

Im from Canada in the mean time cheers!

as long as there nothing that effects the running condition of the car Im going to leave it so i can get it to the painter!!!

ZED_not_zee

lol great not only is my steering wheel on the right side (which is opposite over here) the reverse lights wont go off... Hello Bobby?

MarkTurbo

Show's you what I know then... maybe I have that the wrong way around and it's a failure if the light doesn't go off?
Yep, you've got it wrong as usual :lol: The only way a reverse light can cause an mot fail is if they were illuminated all the time ;-)