where to get rps streetmax clutch

P

pulsarboby

yes! me if you like
i have a brand new 3 part rps organic ....never fitted £250 which saves you around £100 from retailer

P

pulsarboby

rps arent light either, youll definately need an uprated fork which we have in stock also

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Pedal is pretty hard, but you do get used to it.

I'd say it's harder than the clutch in my lorry.

Also make sure you have the clutch pedal box strengthening bracket on your car. I'd be surprised if there's any cars left now without one fitted.

CruiseGTi-R

Its too hard imo. Mine is stupid hard to use. Feels like the whole front of the car will just snap off one day...:)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have the organic or ceramic? Mines the organic. The ceramic is rated abit higher torquewise so it'll be abit stiffer at a guess.

Braveheart

I heard nothing but horror stories regarding the RPS Streetmax organic but given the price v torque values decided to fit one... tbo, it does not feel that stiff and is very positive....£ for pound it's good! I'm not sitting in Dubai traffic though...

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What horror stories? Apart from breaking the clutch fork I don't think I've heard anything. I drive mine in rush hour traffic quite often and it's OK. You get used to it after a while.

The ceramic one is meant to be alot harder and had a habit of blowing the seals in the master cylinder I think (might be the slave, been a while since I heard this one)

Braveheart

What horror stories?
You do not have to go any further than this forum to find bad press on rps clutch... maybe it identifies tired components when fitted... I do not slant the clutch... I think it's fine. If your clutch fluid is black, your clutch fork is worn... fix these problems before fitting a heavier clutch.. ;-)