which msd?

rossdj1983

just wondering which system is good to go for on a pulsar? went on the msd site and theres loads of the things to choose from. is there any other bits id have to get with it?

gtirx2

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42621&highlight=msd
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43340&highlight=msd
There are plenty off ignition systems out there from crane, mallory, msd etc and they all do the same sort of thing but i went for msd as i belive that they make the best ignition systems out there, even tho they use anolog tecnology instead of digital.tbh you want to do a bit of reseach before you buy and see what system is best for your needs it all depends on what sort of power you are planing on running and what budget you have.Looking back if i could change my ignition i would of thought about the msd 6t control box as i think it has rubber mounts and is better suited for more vibration,but saying that i am very happy with my set up at the moment 6a control box and blaster ss coil it makes the standed nissan setup look crap[and so it should] It throws out massive sparks and that is on the ss coil if you go for the hvc coil i belive it would be even more powerful!
Heres a pic of my setup...
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/gtirx2/msdsetup.jpg

gtirx2

Well for the same sort of setup as mine i think the coil was £35 and the control box about £140 odd i can't remember for sure, i paid over the odds realy so if you look about it can be found cheaper.

rossdj1983

did you bother with the leads mate, or did you stick with stock ones? is there anywhere in the uk to get them?

gtirx2

I am not sure if you can get them in the uk you proberbly can but will proberbly be more expensive.
I am still on the standed leads atm as they are still pretty new but i am considering changeing the main coil lead for a better one as the one at the min is just a modded number 1 plug lead.

DownunderGTiR

can some one explain to me about the MSD 6 digital? and MSD HVC(II) Blaster coil?
How does it stack against the blaster ss coil/ HVC blaster coil?

O

Odin

DownunderGTiR said:
can some one explain to me about the MSD 6 digital? and MSD HVC(II) Blaster coil?
How does it stack against the blaster ss coil/ HVC blaster coil?

I'm sure they would both work fine, But if you look at MSD's own list they say that the best coil for the Digital 6 is the HVC 2, So that's why I bought them as a pair.

I've no idea why its the best set up but I trust MSD's opinion of their own products ;-) .

Rob

DownunderGTiR

Yup, i have read those 2 threat before.
but there is nothing about the digital 6 on them and i can't find any info on them.
do they work the same as the 6a control box if not why a they better? a they worth double the price of the 6a control box?

O

Odin

DownunderGTiR said:
Yup, i have read those 2 threat before.
but there is nothing about the digital 6 on them and i can't find any info on them.
do they work the same as the 6a control box if not why a they better? a they worth double the price of the 6a control box?

No probably not, I suppose it depends what you are planning to do with your car, If its a road car then I don't think their is any point in using the digital 6.

Rob

DownunderGTiR

What make the digital 6 plus better then the 6a?
worth getting one of this baby if i was dreaming about 500hp?
would the 6a still do the job for the power i'm looking for or would it be more reliable getting the digital 6?

Hai

O

Odin

DownunderGTiR said:
would the 6a still do the job for the power i'm looking for or would it be more reliable getting the digital 6?

Hai

Don't you need to run coil packs with the digital 6 ?, I have the 6a myself with the HVC (11) coil and I plan to be running about 500 bhp with my new set up.

Rob

gtirx2

DownunderGTiR said:

Hai
The digital 6 is better than the 6a as it uses digital tecnolgy instead of analog which makes it more powerful i think, plus it has two rev limiters built in and a single stage retard.But i don't think you need this setup unless you have the money or want the bling or are planning on a monster drag R or full time track car. you Can use it on the road but is proberbly a bit over kill as the 6a seems more than capable of the job on the R just get the hvc coil with the 6a and i would of thought it would be fine.