whos running this?

boost

Hi guys.

im wondering whos running a charge cooler setup on ther gtir. i use to run my quick 5 turbo with a small charge cooler set up and never had any problems.

just wondered if u all thought it was a good idea.. i mean a larger core and large rad to cool the water from the swirl pot etc..

im in two minds wether to get one made as i cant be doing with these long pipe runs.. they do my head in.. lol dont go there :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Norris designs do a very expensive short run front mount. But, your charge cooler set up would have to be custom made, so that could offset some of Norris's cost if you went with him.

Only one guy has run a chargecooler so far and he broke the cars for spares. He ran over 500bhp, but Icouldn't tell you how his chargecooler performed.

I think he used one of these.

http://www.advancedvehicletuning.co.uk/avtpwr.htm

MORF114

There is another fella running a chargecooler think hes from canada hes on youtube anyway either on this site or the other side, cant remember what cooler he is using but its not a pwr, think its a knock off design that a few people copy and they were the first to make or so they say gotta be better than a front mount as long as you plumb them in the right way round. ;-)

boost

Won't be going with Norris designs the a a rip off merchant..yeah it will be custom made tho.. I'll wait till I've got things back in the car. I just wanted some of peoples views on the idea as I've run them before.

Thanks keith