Wierd power problem

J

JohnnyGTiR

My R which is standard apart from the usual exhaust and pod filter, seems to pull better at half throttle than it does at full throttle. Its boosting fine, the timing is correct and it seems to be running well but it just feels like its either not breathing or getting too rich/lean at full throttle (kinda bogs down). Anyone have any idea what could cause this.

Thanks in advance.

J

JohnnyGTiR

At first i thought there was an air leak because of a high idle problem but that went away when i fitted a new dizzy cap and rotor. And yes it does seem to blow a bit of black smoke.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

exactly the same prob as mine, seems to spool up alot smoothly and sharply at half throttle and yes it puffs out a bit of black smoke.

Thing is i run 1 bar with bleed valve, mongoose, filter etc

Even with my safc set to normal settings it runs realy rich which i cant get my head round :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If there's black smoke then you are running rich. They are tuned to run rich as standard, but I never see any black smoke, that would indicate excessive richness.
A faulty Lambda sensor or AFM could be causes.

j10gtr

Try checking ECU for fault codes, Check MAF connections clean connections.

Ground Maf modification might be worth a go

Search for ecu codes and maf ground for further details on these

Thanks
Paul

Keira

when my dump valve fell off :shock: it black smoked like a bastard and ran like a bag-o-sh!te :roll:

Is yours leaky ?

J

JohnnyGTiR

Thanks for the replies, I might have to check out all these things over the weekend and see if I can solve the problem.