Will I ever get over 246bhp?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Last rolling road run I got was a few years back at Well Lane and I got 246bhp.
I went to AET today and had another and guess what I got..........242bhp :doh::lol:

At least it wasn't at the fly this time;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I dunno about that. Maybe it was so happy to see me it started doing cartwheels.:lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Looks like the dyno operator lifted off the throttle and pressed down again..

Radleigh

242bhp @ wheels? whats that @ Fly?

Cool result. I'm now going to rebuild mine, going for a decent figure but not chasing... what it makes, it makes :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Radders said:
242bhp @ wheels? whats that @ Fly?
At the hubs;-)

I dunno what the losses are on a hub dyno, but it's a real ballache fitting it all to your car:shock:

youngsyp

gtirneil said:
About 320ish i think
*EDIT* Just read the above so, it's probably more like 320 - 325 bhp.

Mine made 249 bhp at the wheels on the last dyno it was on and with the flywheel fudge factor (around 23% transmission loss), that was calculated to be 318 bhp at the flywheel !

What mods have you done to get it to that level mate ?

Paul

ashills

hub dynos have less losses than normal dd rollers etc so probably around 18% losses compared to 22-24%

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That would put me at about 295bhp maybe down to 284bhp if they were 15% losses. I've tried googling, but can't find a hard answer for the losses yet.
Either way, slightly more than I was expecting.

Just realised the graph is in PS not bhp:doh: so that's about 237bhp at the hubs or 289 at the fly if 18% losses, 278 if 15%. That's more like it as it was running 14.5psi at 6500rpm where it made max power:lol:

Last edited:

frp

well done carl :)

Have you been up the strip with this power? When are you going to run an 11sec 1/4 ??? ;-)

steve

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I can't remember. I's been a while since I dragged it due to the coolant hoses going 1 by 1 and then the gearbox (well, clutch fork in the end) starting to play up. I think I was at this power last time, but the next time I run, it should be lighter.

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Just realised the graph is in PS not bhp:doh: so that's about 237bhp at the hubs or 289 at the fly if 18% losses, 278 if 15%. That's more like it as it was running 14.5psi at 6500rpm where it made max power:lol:
Regardless mate, a good result !

Paul

nimhbk

I got to 270 at wheels with not muh more modz than you stick z32 in and some evo 560 injectors, and hope for the best that the car dont fall apart around you.
i lost 70 from flywheel to hubs

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Radders, put it on an engine dyno, then when you get the car rolling roaded at some point in the future, we'll all have a better idea of the transmission losses on a Gtir, rather than guessing at 20-25%

Radleigh

I want to mate, Its just finding somewhere local to me with an engine dyno, Specs going to be about 400/450... i'll be happy with a 4 figure, dont care what :)