Will it go Bang?

D

damien4uuk

I want to run my R at about 1 bar, And ive been told all i have to change is the filter and exhaust. Is this right or will it cause damage?

jonesgti_r

get the fueling checked out first but Rs rub pretty rich standard so shouldnt be a problem. Uprated fuel pump is a good investment but not essential

R

r5ben

think the clutch will be the first thing to let go mate i was running 1 bar for about a week the the clutch started slipping it felt fine b4 i turn the boost up and sliped within a week :cry:

A

AZ STE

The main thing when doing this is to ensure that you get one bar all the time cheap controllers cant ensure this and even one big spike can ruin your engine.So its more what your going to use and get the best you can.

D

damien4uuk

Wow chears boy's never expected to get replies that quick. As for a boost controllers whats one of the better ones to go for? and as for the clutch going...... well i feel for ya, cos there not that cheap. But what i really ment was the pistons and rings and gaskets are they ok as standard?
:? :? :? :?

A

AZ STE

Dont get manual controller probabally the safest cheap option would be an Apexi

K

KRS

I beileve 280-300 BHP is about as high as the internals are good for.... as long as the fueling is good.

I would add a fuel pump upgrade just to be on the safe side.

T

Too Slick

There is also the way of turning up the boost by bypassing the solonoid.
They were talking about it on a couple of posts down where it says more boost wanted.
if someone could post the pictures of how they did this it would be the easiest and cheapest way :wink:

R

r5ben

i think good controller and a uprated fuel pump and you should have no probs
but dont hope on the clutch etc holding out for ever some people last ages and other done just have to chance it
1 bar does make the car alot better though :wink:

O

Odin

Stevo said:
standard block can take 350bhp MAX im running 308bhp @ 1.1 bar.
I don't think the yanks would agree with you matey, And I would think you mean pistons not block :roll: , I'm going to try 400bhp on standard engine and see how long it last's :shock: prob not long :cry: .

I would think with the correct fueling and timeing there's a good chance it will last a good while, But my motec should help a bit 8) .

rob

Keira

Stevo said:
standard block can take 350bhp.
complete b*ll*x :wink:

with correct fueling, tuning, cooling etc, 400bhp is possible on internally standard engine.

The important part is doing things correctly, not just turning up the boost and fitting a fuel controller, there was a link that stevepudney found some time ago from a nz forum which went into some detail what was required, bigger injectors, oil cooler, decent intercooling, lots of mapping, leaving rev limit well alone etc,etc.

I think its Pulsar350 who was running 1.6bar which should put him up near 400bhp on an internally standard engine, all be it with everything set up properly.