Will this dash unit work now the needles have been removed?

paz

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if this dash unit will work now that the needles have been removed?

I'm not sure, this is a picture of the item:

Also, how easy is it to change this unit, is there anyone in the NW that knows how and could help me out if supplied with tea and butties? :lol:

paz

geoff pine

if the spindles have come out no ive , done the white dial thing pulled on the speedo needle didint hold the spindle hard enought it all came out will go back in will never work properly :cry: bought asecond hand one from garry at gtir spares that sorted it 8) whould thinks its just scrap unless you know the spindles were never removed

geoff pine

forgot to say that some of these consoles are not interchangable there is a wireing differance on some of them as i have found out

paz

:lol: Won't bother with that then :( cheers for the info ;)

Speaking of dials, I've got a new question for you Geoff :lol: I've got a set of white dials that have been sat at home for almost a year now :( :lol: Fancy helping me out to fit them? :lol:

The problem is that I've got the 110mph speedo, but 180mph clocks and Im stuck :lol:

Paz

geoff pine

happy to help with the white dials think it would be easyer with two people think ive read on here some ware 110 are dials of a micra have you thought of just buying the right speedo of gtir spares

paz

geoff pine said:
happy to help with the white dials think it would be easyer with two people think ive read on here some ware 110 are dials of a micra have you thought of just buying the right speedo of gtir spares
The speedo is the standard one that came on the car from Japan fella - the 180km on. Apparently if you de-limit it then it converts itself to the uk equiv speedo, but I've never been able to get my head round it.

If I buy a 180mph clock set, will it convert itself (i.e. on my old speedo showing 30mph, if I just changed the facing of the clocks to 180mph ones it would show around 50mph) or do I still need to fit a converter for the signal :? :oops: :lol:

Paz

paz

LJ said:
Am guessing the dial face has been changed to 110 mph to match the 180 kmh??
If so you will have to get one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10402&item=4536313052&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Cheers for that, makes sense.

I thought I'd need one of those, but one question - as my new dials have a 180mph face, will this unit convert the speedo to a 180mph unit, or will my new dials always give the wrong reading?

I think its saying that it will convert to a 180mph speedo, but I'm not sure?

Cheers, and sorry for the stupid questions :oops: :lol: :wink:

Paz

geoff pine

hope this makes sense i have the 180km clock it has one of those little electronic boxes that convert the signal to mph so 10km becomes 10miles it just reads in miles think the delimiter can be seperate but not sure had my own done by collins performance in congelton just after i bought the r march 2003 just read the bill says 1xnissan pulsar gtir mph and derestrict :oops: does not help much had not read it properly

paz

:lol: So we reckon I need one of those boxes then, fair enough, I'll get one bought then we can sort out my clocks :roll: :lol:

Paz

geoff pine

hope you good with the old soldering iron some of the wires on mine are soldered to the circuit board on the back of the console the dials no probs found fuel leak its on one of the three pipescoming from the tank an going under the car so no car till its fixed could be acouple of weeks as im trying to finish my extention at home will pm you next week

paz

:lol: :lol:

I'm shite with anything even remotely technical, guess I'm going to have to pay through the arse for someone else to do it unless you can recommend someone on her Geoff? :cry: :lol:

Paz

Paz, (if you've still not sorted this) i bought a delimiter/convertor from Gary Spares and it was an absolute peice of p1ss to fit, had all the easy instructions, just some bullet connectors from Halfrauds required, all screws in no soldering and means you can use the original dials as mph.