wilwood owners.

coxie

to all owners of wilwood brakes fitted with polymatrix (e) pads......what are your experiences of these pads ,do they squeal ,grindnoisy in operation or are they fine..

please post your comments here

thanks stu

ex-gtir

very noisy when cold sound like metal to metal very good still when cold
when hot they are very quite and sh1t hot stopping :D

J

J-GTi-R

Mine were silent from the out on the old disks, but with the new cross-drilled and grooved disks they've been a bit squeally. Had them smoking today to... :?

coxie

mine seem to be the other way round when cold they are silent but awesome 8) but when warm they are squealy as hell and also has the metal grinding sound :cry:

i have spoke to rally design and they have an outside company developing new pads for the four pots and i should receive a set in about three weeks...cant wait to try them out :!:

A

AJ4

Same as above, awesome when cold, when hot I don't like braking because the metal on metal grinding noise is unbareable....:(

J

J-GTi-R

I had that today too coming off the motorway... not very impressed as they're new pads and disks...

coxie

ring up rally design and let them know as when i rung them they have ebc making some compatible pads ready in two to three weeks.i was told i could have a set when they are ready and it should stop the metal on metal sound. :roll:

Mr GTiR

hummmm not had these metal on metal sound.

i only get a little bit of squealing when breaking very very hard but otherwise no problem at all.

have managed to lock them upquite a bit though lol.

Stu - let me know how you get on with the new pads as i would like to know your progress.

Regards
Andy