Winter green?

gazgstar

Ok so my dad calls me up today and says he's just seen a pulsar for sale at a garage just down the road from his, went in and asked a few questions about it and turns out that it's totally standard, used ocassionally buy the owner who bought it 5 years ago straight from japan. Asked my dad what colour and he sayed it was like a green/grey colour. Couldn't get a test drive because of a puncture so going to go up and see it with my dad on Tuesday. Sounds like it could be winter green so anything I should look out for on it to make sure it's original? What's the paint code and where would I find it? Is there a specific period that winter greens where made cause I think he sayed it was an L reg?

John

DL2 is the paint code, all made in 93 i think
Yeah thats correct, I own a winter green R. Will be worth a bit of money if it is totally standard and in good condition, assuming R's ever become more valueable than a mars bar!

You will find the paint code (DL2 as Ken says) behind the engine on the firewall on a silver panel right in the middle, you cant miss it. 1993 is right although im sure I have seen registered in 1994. Apart from that there isnt anything different, mine has a gold and silver key with what looks like the queens head on it but im sure thats nothing to do with it being a winter green car!

Last edited:

gazgstar

Well that my dad bought the car, it was winter green right enough(dl2). Was imported dec 2005 by the previous owner and is still reading in km which is at 83000 which I think is around 57000 miles. The car feels real tight and is totally standard apart from having a 1 bar loop on it, basically it justs needs a good wash and polish to bring the paintwork back to shine. Will get some pics up once I fix my laptop. ps. the standard brakes are deadly lol

Last edited:

gazgstar

looking forward to the pics if you dont mind me asking how much did you get it for :)cheers Jamie
Well the only reason the car was bought was because it was local so didn't have to travel all over the country to view it, then found out he only wanted £2000!! Think he's quite happy with it regardless of the colour but if their as rare as people say then that's an added bonus.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Didnt a member on thre gtiroz say these are'nt as rare as peeps believe them to be?
It's definitely the least common colour, but I would have guessed it was more like 200 than the 20 that people often quote; hardly a great honour to the emperor if you don't make many of them.

I don't think there's an official line on it, but if I remember; someone was counting the VINs with that paint code and had got to a lot more than 20.