1.2bar

S

S-GTI-R

like an uprated lamba sensor or sumthin?does it jus screw it2 the same place and replace the lamba?

K

KRS

You dont attach it to the car ;)

Its a device used in tuning to make sure the air/fuel mix is correct, then you remove it.

S

S-GTI-R

ahhh i get wot u mean now,u know how to set the s-afc2 up?

K

KRS

8) I thought they burned out pretty quick under constant use though?

A

AJ4

KRS said:
8) I thought they burned out pretty quick under constant use though?
No, they are designed for constant use, a lot of newer cars come with widebands fitted as standard.

ex-gtir

as long as they are powered up when you switch your engine on they dont like being switch off with engine running
honda have them as standard

Keira

as mike says a healthy gtir is running rich on the standard ecu maps

when we put the lm1 on mine we were seeing 11.9afr all the way through even topend 8)

that was at 1.3 bar on standard ecu, just avcr, front mount and water injection.

gtir bean

so if everything was hunkey-dorey with plugs,pump you should be safe at 1.2 with the standard ecu on its own?or am i reading this wrong.

Keira

who knows.. :lol:

i had everything possible on mine to keep it cool so that may have helped, there was no det what-so-ever 8)

M

macphegf

Rishi was mean't to be doing a section on what bar you can run and what spec you need to run it, I wonder how he's getting on.......

:?:

S

S-GTI-R

ive got everythin 4 1.2bar jus need the s-afc-2 settins 4 1.2bar

nismoboy

Also maybe someone like mike could post up how to check the afr, and what the best afr ratio to use on low right up high bhp cars, maybe this way us novices can start to tune our own cars instead of using dodgy tuners.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Will you people be quiet :p . You nearly talking me into seeing how far I can turn the boost up before :?: :cry: :wink: