any one own or owned a skyline

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I guy I know has one of the new GT-Rs on order and promised me a ride when it arrives next yeay :)

LOU ROB

I also have the new gtr on order.

Premium edition with sat-nav, bluetooth. In gun metal grey with black interior.

Can't wait for the day I go and pick it up............

..........in 2010, thats the date nissan gb have given me for delivery.

P

pulsarboby

LOU ROB said:

you lucky bastad lol

being nosey whats the monthly instalments like on them and how much deposit did you have to put down?
pm me if you like lou, as i was thinking of getting one aswell but didnt realise it was 2010 waiting time:shock:
i didnt really want to delve into the costs because if i cant afford it then il be gutted and tempted to spend more than i can afford!

steven_c

I have 2 pulsars at the moment and i have a r33 gtr in midnight purple, the pulsar is a run about till the skyline engine is rebuilt.. :)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
LOU ROB said:

The V-Spec is out in 2009! Would have been tempted to wait for that one.. Nice car all the same.. Road, Track and Comforts.. 8)

youngsyp

steven_c said:
I have 2 pulsars at the moment and i have a r33 gtr in midnight purple, the pulsar is a run about till the skyline engine is rebuilt.. :)
Easily the best colour on the R33 ! 8)

Paul

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
@ bobby, if you don't mind an import/2nd hand then they are starting to come onto the used market:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=ja|en&u=http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/bNI/s154/index2.html%3FSTID%3DCS210610%26PTN%3D1%26PN%3D0%26SORT%3D1%26AL%3D1%26PN%3D0%26GPN%3D

On average you get about Y210 to the £1

I still don't like them but I know I am in the minority on the planet. There are quite a few from £35K to £40K at dealers, auctions might be cheaper.

As its nearly an extra 30% with duty and taxes (What doesn't the UK over tax nowadays?) its probably worth waiting until prices fall some more though

Last edited:

Braveheart

It's a famous car, well liked and respected. Not for me though!
Had a granada 2.8 that could not pull it's self out of a puddle....

Last edited:

MORF114

There are heaps of RB26 stageas round my way check out this with a t88 lol

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
johnsy said:
wots the differences between the model variants???
They're a really easy engine code to understand (a bit like the Pulsar block).
There were a few different options:
The fairly standard RB25DET - 2.5L Turbo.
The cheap to insure, but why would you bother RB25DE.
The monster RB26DET.
They you get into the realm of TT (twin turbo) like the RB26DETT which was the Godzilla engine famous for killing V8s.

Ah... there was nothing like letting some bogan in a V8 Comodore or Falcon (read 'Monaro' for local reference) pulling along side you, take a look at them, put your foot down and let that turbo spool up.... and leave them in your wake. Especially when my wife did it; young male petrol heads don't expect to get blown away by a woman driving a 4-door saloon car.

It's actually quite a long product line for Nissan, but most people just think of the R30 series of cars. I used to own an R31 Pintara in Australia which is the equivalent of owning the Celica model of a Supra - the same body shape, but much less under the bonnet...

I used to know a guy who raced them, and he said that he didn't need a GTR or a TT for that. A good tune on a GTS-T gave the best results. I know that the GTR is no use for drifting because it's all-wheel drive. You can get 2WD conversion kits, but why wouldn't you just put an RB26 head on an RB25 motor and work that up?
Wikipedia has all the information you could want: Clicky

Last edited:

LOU ROB

PulsarBobby said:
being nosey whats the monthly instalments like on them and how much deposit did you have to put down?
I ordered mine through middlehurst Nissan in st helens. The deposit nissan require is £3500.
There are no finance packages being confirmed at the moment, but there will be nearer to the official u.k release.

johnsy said:
wots the differences between the model variants???
Have a look HERE and click on specifications.

RishiGTiR said:
The V-Spec is out in 2009! Would have been tempted to wait for that one.
That date is for the japan release, but that has been rumoured to be delayed. Its also 20K dearer and only a 2 seater as it is coming stripped out as standard. I don't think it justifies that price tag as a mines e.c.u, and a mines exhaust will give the same power increase as the V-spec !!

Capbellju said:
@ bobby, if you don't mind an import/2nd hand then they are starting to come onto the used market:
Beware if you are thinking of importing them from japan as nissan europe will not warrant them, plus the u.k dealers/tuners aren't equiped or trained to maintain/fix them yet. Rumour has it you would have to get warranty through independant warranty companys.

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I have not seen any release date yet for the v-spec but to my mind it doesn't make sense Nissan releasing the model until the new Lexus or Honda break cover in JDM. That way they can stmop over any new cars that are released. It also doesn't make sense them releasing it before they have got the GTR into Europe and the US.

Originally I had thought of buying one 6 months before I return but the cars still don't "float my boat". New the cars here are £40K inc their 5% tax but by the time you've added the punitive UK import tax the before tax cost in UK is similar to JDM. Personal import you pay the local tax and use the car for more than 6 months beforeing exporting back to UK.

Whilst posting I thought I'd check the tax for what it might cost someone like Bobby and thought at the moment its not worth the effort as the 10% extra over a grey import for warranty (and hopefully a higher quality interior) means its probably not worth it.

philgtir

driven the R33 GTR fast but dont kick you in the back like the Pulsar our 9 y/o fell asleep as dove it down the back roads is fast but dont feel it. seen the new R35 GTR at RC devlopments and seen it at time attack did well seen as they was not pushing to hard.