Anyone with a limiter still fitted and working

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ashills said:
but what is it arrrrrr
Well, I'd say mine is the limiter kicking in. Can't see you going fast enough in 3rd to get a speed limiter kick in tho, unless you have no standard long gearing. What speeds do those rpm equate to?

ashills

think 3rd is about 90-100
4th about 105-110 i think
dont really get a good chance to see the dials etc at these speeds lol
normally looking where im going or who im against lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well I had a look around today, no signs of a limiter. Some wires cut and rejoined. So I don't know where it is :shock:
But I did find another turbo timer :shock: That's 2 I've got off this car now, wonder if I can get a hat trick? lol.

B

bean

kingy said:
mines a 94m reg hits the limiter at 115 about 7000rpm in fourth and about 5400rpm in fith and when it hits the limiter it feels like the ignition has been turned off for about 2 secs and slows down rapidly keep foot to floor and it nearly snaps ur neck when it kicks back in, dont think it kicks back in till about 90mph though. First time it did it i thought car was knackered. It doesn't make no strange noises though just cuts out.
I'm getting about the same problem, not sure at what revs cos my rev counter is no longer working properly! :shock: Lower, around 4000rpm I reckon

I wonder if the two are connected?

I first got the problem about 20 miles of driving after fitting another Pulsar ECU, a connection there as well maybe?

Now I'm getting random (what feels like) boost cuts constantly, at different rpms whilst under load, accelerating. :evil: