can someone explain...

youngsyp

Cambridge_pulsar said:
I do agree with what you're saying, it sounds like a fuelling issue. I have an uprated fuel pump and have re-wired it direct to the battery. I was just using the injectors as an example, if one component is struggling on standard boost I would expect the problem to be worse on a higher boost setting.!
No worries, I understood what you meant matey and wasn't trying to be funny. Just post up my thoughts on it !
Cambridge_pulsar said:
Swapping the ecu's hasn't changed anything, although i'd say it runs a bit better with the mines unit. Where abouts are you, I may take you up on that offer!
I'm in sunny Milton Keynes mate. Last time I checked, it was only around 40 miles drive ?!

Have you checked the fuel pressure ? Both static and with throttle ?

Paul

youngsyp

Animaldaz said:
Cool thanks Paul, think i read somewhere it was better to have the engine idling but as you say i shouldnt matter.
Next time the ARC is off ill check this.
No worries matey.

The service manual states to check it with the ignition on and doesn't mention having the engine running.

The voltage signal to the TPS, comes from the ecu so, will be within range/regulated. With that in mind, I'd expect there would be no benefit from checking it with the engine running.
That's just my view though ! ;-0

Paul

youngsyp said:
I'm in sunny Milton Keynes mate. Last time I checked, it was only around 40 miles drive ?

Paul
Ah the land of roundabouts, I know it, not too far at all.
Ok i've checked the tps, on the avcr it was showing 0.468v and using a multi meter it was 0.485 so i'm happy with that.
I haven't checked fuel pressure which would probably be a good idea. I'm wondering if maybe I got a dodgy fuel pump. I fitted the avcr, fuel pump and then raised the boost at the same time and that's when the problems started I think... so even though the fuel pump was new and uprated it's a possibility.

youngsyp

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Ah the land of roundabouts, I know it, not too far at all.
Ok i've checked the tps, on the avcr it was showing 0.468v and using a multi meter it was 0.485 so i'm happy with that.
I haven't checked fuel pressure which would probably be a good idea. I'm wondering if maybe I got a dodgy fuel pump. I fitted the avcr, fuel pump and then raised the boost at the same time and that's when the problems started I think... so even though the fuel pump was new and uprated it's a possibility.
The TPS voltage looks good.

I'm sure a faulty fuel pump couldn't be ruled out, and sounds like the most likely culprit. You could stick the stock one back in there and see how it feels ?!

Paul

youngsyp

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Going back to your offer of plugging it into the datascan what information exactly can you get from that?

cheers
Basically, the infomation from all the sensors on the car, excluding the oil temp and oil pressure for obvious reasons and including a few other bits !

So;
MAF
Lambda sensor
TPS
battery voltage
AAC valve
Injector duty
timing
etc....
You can also log the data from all of them.

Have a look on google for BlaZt and PLMS !

Paul