Current power and 400bhp

chrisniss91

What do you peeps think my power will be at the moment with these engine mods.
Nd super hybrid turbo, ND stage 2 front mount, fuel pump, Apexi power Fc, trust exhaust, de cat pipe, front pipe, Boost controller, filetr and dump valve. The Power FC will be set up to 1.3 bar :)

2nd question is what should be my next steps for 400bhp. I want to get all the add on's like AFM , injectors etc first before i do pistons.
Will i need to change the manifold :?:

Davey

i reckon about 340bhp, why u chasing 400 though m8, surely its more important what it drives like(unless your just doing 1/4's?)

S

srbpower

what cc are the standard ones, surely the duty is maxed at 1.3 bar?

SI :)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Do the pistons first, then the other bits, as when the engine is rebuilt you will have a run in period of about 1500 - 2000 miles. In this period you will be advised to run no more than standard boost, if you have all those other bits (bigger injectors) installed the car will run like s**t

Davey

Chris, whats it running at the minute m8, and what does it drive like with the PFC?
I reckon new cams are next m8

E

Edd

I'm not being funny :oops: but i think you are really on the limit of a std engine, if i were you, i'd get the injectors/maf etc and put them to one side and then save save save for the vital rebuild before going for 400 :D

S

srbpower

interesting, cause on a 200 your really pushing your luck past about 280 - 300 on the standard injectors. Anyone know what cc the gtir standard ones are?

Si :)

chrisniss91

I was told at a certain rolling road that my injectors were maxing out. :cry: And that was at 1.1bar butthen when ND mapped it to it's current 1.2 bar there was no mention of injectors maxing out.

Basically i want to eventually build the car for 1/4miles.

S

srbpower

Interesting cause thats quite a bit bigger than a s14 injector, less wheels driving and now smaller injectors :roll:

Seriously I'd look at injectors, cause lean is bad :cry:

Si :)

GINGA

think you can use the standard injectors upto about 380bhp by increasing the fuel pressure though injectors are a better solution :wink:
You could go to 400bhp on the standard engine but you'd need a larger turbo to get more power but still keeping the boost sensible

Keira

I was talking to olly at the weekend and he's been running 1.3 bar for over a year, no engine management just boost controller, front mount and water injection. He's been keeping a watchful eye over the air fuel ratio with a afr gauge and reckons its never shown lean once on the standard injectors.

I'm abit dubious with tuners to be honest, its in their interest to sell more parts.

Personnaly i'd save and do the full rebuild in one go :)

S

srbpower

Stock injectors are the same 444cc that they use in the RB26 engine

Doing the calculations, they should be maxed out at around 330hp, depending how it's mapped and how much fuel there is going in particularly at the top end where it counts.

Dan

M

memski

Yeah, a 1.4bar tune with fuel controller and uprated pump should give you 330bhp with stock turbo.

Keira

memski said:
Yeah, a 1.4bar tune with fuel controller and uprated pump should give you 330bhp with stock turbo.
Ohhhhhh, nice...... :)

Thats what i'm aiming for then in the new year, get the dump pipe sorted, maybe injectors just to be on the safe side then get it on the rollers :)

Going to wait for the turbo to give up the ghost before i bother uprating it, want to get the brakes and handling sorted first...

M

memski

That's what I'm running at the moment although the turbo is giving up the ghost, some smoke between high rev gearchanges and takes longer to spool up at times compared to the good old standard boost days (before I started messing with it) :oops: .