Decision Time

S

stomski

the time has come for another car, but i cant make my mind up which.

yes, yes - this question has been asked a thousand times by past and present owners on here, but i would appreciate ppls opinions.

due to house purchase blach blah blah, i dont want to go over the 6k mark.

my short list:

-another pulsar (that would be my 4th)
-supra
-fto
-rx7
-cough cough - impreza

help help :wink:

andy

Mark_GTiR

stomski said:
my short list:

-supra
-fto
-rx7
-cough cough - impreza
Hi mate...

3 R's.... don't you fancy a change?? Although for 6 grand you'll find a minter!

Supra - they're huge things.. look at bit bland in my opinion but that's just me.. I prefer smaller cars.

FTO's - Awesome, really like them.. although if you're looking at a Misubishi can't you stretch to an EVO?? Possibly a IV / V.

REX - 2 friends of mine have them, 1 has been nothing but trouble but it's been tuned to the nuts and the other one is waiting for a rebuild as the rotor ends (something like that) worn out - apparently it's 2ns rebuild in just over 60k.. would make me think twice...

Scooby - not gonna get much for 6k are you?

Cheers
Mark

O

Odin

Well you can cross that fu*king useless FTO straight off your list matey :roll: what a load of rubbish they are :cry: . Supra would be quite cool if not a bit hairy chested :lol: :lol: and medallion man stylee :lol: .

Scoobie would probably be my choice as there's load of cheap tuning stuff from the states for them and there getting pretty fast down the strip at the moment 8) :wink: .

Rex would also be good if you a little skinny short fella :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

GINGA

Mark_GTiR said:
stomski said:
my short list:

-supra
-fto
-rx7
-cough cough - impreza

FTO's - girls car, really like them.. although if you're looking at a Misubishi can't you stretch to an EVO?? Possibly a IV / V.

Scooby - not gonna get much for 6k are you?

Cheers
Mark
You won't get a evo 5 for anywhere near 6k and the only 4's at that money will be total dogs, you should get a nice evo 3 for that money though 8)
If you don't want another R I'd go with a scoob theres plenty to chose from at £6k 8) though it would also buy you the pick of the R's at the moment :wink:

G

gdm1984

Dc2 integras are awesome cars for the money and will not cost you a thing as they hardly ever break compared to every car you have on your list apart from possibly the supra!

LeeSmith

go for an RX7 :) piece of piddle to rebuild if it ever goes bang, but they only pop when u pi55 about with them and don't know what your doing......get it mapped right and it'll treat you good... 8)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
FTO - Are you mad... That car is absolute pish!....

Supra - Very strong engine, but you'll want a manual not the auto... Might also want to get a large gold medalion to wear while driving... It may even come with the car as standard... Not sure though...

RX7 - Excellent car if you can be bothered with all the maintinence that comes with it... Can just be an absolute arse at times... Needs to be turned over every day and you'll go through loads of oil.. Not to mention the enevitable rebuilds..

Impreza - No3 Bearing Failure from oil starvation... Make sure you have a Burberry cap ready... You'll also need the Subaru jacket, cap, gloves and shoes just to make sure you fit in with the other tossers who wear that gear out in public...

GTiR - Well i'm sure you know all about them... Proven to be safely pushed to 400bhp on a standard engine... Getting old but i still love them...

Have you thought about an R32... There have been some good ones pass by on the GTR forum for £6k...

Rishi

S

stomski

deslynam said:
Does it have to be Jap and turbo'd?
not neccasarily, those are the ones ive started to look at.

thanks for all ur comments guys!

M

memski

Avoid the rotary if its a daily runner, it guzzles fuel like there's no tomorrow even as a standard no mod car :shock:

Doesn't need turning over every day, and doesn't consume loads of oil (is designed to consume some) but does require as much maintainance as the R to keep it happy.

O

Odin

GTiR_Mic said:
vpulsar said:
Gray said:
how about an integra type r
He did say he wanted a car mate :lol: :lol: not a shopping trolly :wink: .

rob
Never heard you complain when you where in my uncles one the other day :lol:

Mic

I went off it when I had to push it down inverurie highstreet to get the bl00dy thing started fella :roll: :cry: .

rob

deank93

Gray said:
how about an integra type r
Good call, fab revvy motor, tunable to 220bhp although that'd be expensive....i seriously looked into these earlier in the year when i was thinking about jumping ship.

How about a Starlet GT Turbo, you can tune the engine to 240bhp easily and with a set of Teins and decent brakes you'd leave a Pulsar running less than 330bhp trailing behind round a track.

Evo 3 sound like a good option, i see a stunning mint example on the MLR a few months back for less than £6k....even a few Evo 4s in that price bracket now.

Supras are to big and don't have the best image in the world.

FTOs....are you bonkers, utter, utter, rubbish....painfully slow.

Subarus are great cars there is no denying that but i would personally stick with a Pulsar....as already mentioned you could get a tip top motor for that sort of money.