emissions fail

k20 gtr

it is yeah, how much would the token be? hope its one for the cheap rides :lol: :lol: just kidding thats really helpful thank you, read the post on the modifiers club..

Last edited:

gunmetalgtir

I thought that there was a loophole and that import GTI-R's didn't need a CAT? I'm sure Rob posted something about this before???

D

deslynam

MOT Emissions limits for an imported Pulsar GTI-R

CO Limit: 3.50%
HC Limit: 1200ppm.

Mine passed with figures of 0.64% and 104ppm respectively, with a decat on it.

k20 gtr

I got my results, fast idle co max 0.30 i got 1.24
hc max 200 i got 97

2nd fast idle co max 0.30 i got 0.98
hc max 200 i got 105

natural idle max 1050 my car idles anything upto 1400

So if i fit a cat i should be okay but scunnered on the idle!!!!

MarkTurbo

A cat should bring your CO down, it shouldnt fail on high idle :? If that was the case nearly all gti-r's would fail :lol: Mine passed the idle test at 1375 rpm and it even says on the sheet it should be between 450 and 1500 rpm ;-)

k20 gtr

if the specs right on here, my car was built before a cat's needed :) :), it says on my fail sheet 1050 rpm maximum! but i dont know if that changes for a non cat test?

k20 gtr

gtir bean said:
i wouldnt let them put it on a roller like that.it wont do your transfer box any favours.they should just take it out and drive it with a box that measures the g forces in the foot well i think
Thats what they did got in the car and the device was still there :)

k20 gtr

Its got a piece of green paper now! Managed to find my car was built before it needed a cat emailed them the info and i now have my mot, woohoo one 10mm bolt to be adjusted to pass (handbrake) Thanks very much for the help guys!!

azboy

U dont need a cat for any uk sunny or import gtirs as the emission sheet only shows 1.4 and 1.6 sunny for a uk model and nothing for a pulsar and its not either so u only choice is to select other then it will do a default emission test co 3.5 hc 1200, now if a car fails any of these tests then there is oviously a bad problem with the running of the car but other wise if ur n14 gtir is within co 3.5 hc 1200 it is a pass even if its a m reg uk sunny gtir. Before any one says u do need a cat trust me u dont im a tester and i checked this out yesterday as i thought that a uk 1 would do but to my surprise it doesnt and niether does any sunny n14 apart from a 1.4 and 1.6 eg gti n14

Last edited:

rx jamie

azboy said:
U dont need a cat for any uk sunny or import gtirs as the emission sheet only shows 1.4 and 1.6 sunny for a uk model and nothing for a pulsar and its not either so u only choice is to select other then it will do a default emission test co 3.5 hc 1200, now if a car fails any of these tests then there is oviously a bad problem with the running of the car but other wise if ur n14 gtir is within co 3.5 hc 1200 it is a pass even if its a m reg uk sunny gtir. Before any one says u do need a cat trust me u dont im a tester and i checked this out yesterday as i thought that a uk 1 would do but to my surprise it doesnt and niether does any sunny n14 apart from a 1.4 and 1.6 eg gti n14
spot om i have my mot next month

azboy

if they do fail it just ask the tester if u can see the emission book which says gtir if he get funny ask for a appeal sheet to be printed off then he will check and do his job correctly.